Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 129452 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2009, 04:02:49 PM »
Nice price. Picked up 4 boxes of .40 S&W Winchester 50 rd. boxes yesterday for $19 a box. They had 8 boxes. Wish I had the extra money to buy all 8.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »
I scored 400 rounds of 9mm ammo (Winchester White Box) at Wal-Mart yesterday. They had eight 100rd boxes for $20 each, so I picked up 4 boxes. They also had two or three boxes each of .40 and .45 acp, some random rifle rounds, as well as a few boxes of high end .22 lr

They have now also posted a sign limiting all purchases to 6 boxes.

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »
Way to go!
NRA Member

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »
I scored 400 rounds of 9mm ammo (Winchester White Box) at Wal-Mart yesterday. They had eight 100rd boxes for $20 each, so I picked up 4 boxes. They also had two or three boxes each of .40 and .45 acp, some random rifle rounds, as well as a few boxes of high end .22 lr

They have now also posted a sign limiting all purchases to 6 boxes.

Awesome catch......Our Wal Marts have been out of everything for a few months. Same goes for every gun shop in town. Any updates on internet ammo from anyone? I could use most hand gun calibers. I have plenty of 223 and 270...so OK in the rifle dept.

“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2009, 08:20:04 AM »
Awesome catch......Our Wal Marts have been out of everything for a few months. Same goes for every gun shop in town. Any updates on internet ammo from anyone? I could use most hand gun calibers. I have plenty of 223 and 270...so OK in the rifle dept.

All Wal-Mart stores are still getting regular weekly ammo deliveries..... The problem is that it is gone before it hits their shelves. They are having people line up for it when it arrives and they are buying them out immediately. Wal-Mart has not increased the size of their orders, so finding anything after time of delivery is a rarity. Many stores are now putting quantity restrictions in place so more customers can make a purchase, but we all know that is a futile attempt. I would think that the powers that be at one of the worlds largest retailers would have a little more pull and would be able to get larger shipments...... guess not. 

*As a side note.... When I bought that ammo the other day, the person behind the counter had just got done giving a disgruntled explanation to a customer as to why they are always out of ammo.... "We cant stop people from buying more then they need", she said...... She then turned to me and when I told her I wanted 4 boxes, she rolled her eyes and shook her head in frustration. I paid for my ammo and thanked her graciously, then walked away smiling and laughing most of the way out of the store.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #115 on: Today at 12:04:03 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »
I was at one of the larger gun stores in the State Sat. (Riley's gunshop, Hooksett NH ) They plenty of most types of ammo at reasonable prices, 9mm PMC $13.30/ 50 WWB $26/ 100 Federal 00 Buck $3.30/5, but NO 38 no .357 mag, and NO .380 They had  a dozen AR's DPMS, Olympic, Stag, $900 up to RKWS (I think those were the initials ) $2400 saw no Ruger AR's but did not look that close. 1/2 dozen AK's of various types $650+ 1 SKS $450 and 1 Garand $1300

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »
All Wal-Mart stores are still getting regular weekly ammo deliveries..... The problem is that it is gone before it hits their shelves. They are having people line up for it when it arrives and they are buying them out immediately. Wal-Mart has not increased the size of their orders, so finding anything after time of delivery is a rarity. Many stores are now putting quantity restrictions in place so more customers can make a purchase, but we all know that is a futile attempt. I would think that the powers that be at one of the worlds largest retailers would have a little more pull and would be able to get larger shipments...... guess not. 

Thanks for the great info. I'll talk to the sporting goods guy at my local Wally World and ask when they get their shipments.
I have plenty of personal defense ammo but need some range ammo to keep sharp.

Thanks again !!!

*As a side note.... When I bought that ammo the other day, the person behind the counter had just got done giving a disgruntled explanation to a customer as to why they are always out of ammo.... "We cant stop people from buying more then they need", she said...... She then turned to me and when I told her I wanted 4 boxes, she rolled her eyes and shook her head in frustration. I paid for my ammo and thanked her graciously, then walked away smiling and laughing most of the way out of the store.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
Who says how much a person needs ?  Need is not relevant, they are in business to sell what consumers WANT.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
Just got an Email alert from Natchez shooters supply.  .223, .308, 7.62x39, and others available.  Some on sale

http://www.natchezss.com/
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2009, 05:37:52 PM »
Snazzy!  Keep up the grrreat work guys 'n' gals!
NRA Member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk