Author Topic: Mountain lion killed in Bismarck  (Read 9151 times)

D.R. Middlebrooks

• Active Forum Member
    • Tactical Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mountain lion killed in Bismarck
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »

Gossamer

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 07:22:08 PM »
 That is one tough mule!

I am heading out west with the family this summer and we have all had talks about Mt. Lions. Our family SOP is that if you see a lion you let everyone know and then we get together in a tight circle and move out from the area without turning our back on the cat. We are used to black bears from living in upstate NY and seeing a lot in the Adirondacks. However black bears don't like loud food. If you talk to them they get annoyed and leave you be. I have talked to a few park rangers and they told me that lions are not that picky :o!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
That is one tough mule!

I am heading out west with the family this summer and we have all had talks about Mt. Lions. Our family SOP is that if you see a lion you let everyone know and then we get together in a tight circle and move out from the area without turning our back on the cat. We are used to black bears from living in upstate NY and seeing a lot in the Adirondacks. However black bears don't like loud food. If you talk to them they get annoyed and leave you be. I have talked to a few park rangers and they told me that lions are not that picky :o!

Not to mention that black bears are generally herbivores, occasionally eating small critters, mice/voles, big bugs, and the like. Even grizzlies are opportunity eaters when it come to humans.

Mountain lions, OTOH, are true meat-eating predators, and humans don't scare 'em all that much. There are way too many stories of turkey hunters being attacked (hey, apparently when you sound like prey, predators come looking for you!  ::) ) as well as deer hunters and even just folks out for a winter walk being attacked. Cats scare the crap out of me.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 08:10:18 PM »
...... Cats scare the crap out of me.

Oh, Geoff, tell me you really didn't put that out there with Dave around......
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
Oh, Geoff, tell me you really didn't put that out there with Dave around......

Golly, gee whiz Ken, I did not mean to taunt Dave . . . .   ::)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:51:25 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 08:39:57 PM »
Codenames,.......we're using codenames.... guys,... ::)

Well that certainly wasn't a GOVERNMENT mule!!!!

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 08:34:44 AM »

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk