Author Topic: Malfunction Drills, Videos  (Read 5003 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Malfunction Drills, Videos
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »
I just got done teaching an Advanced Pistol Handling course at Black Wing Shooting Center in Ohio and we taped some video of students building their confidence in solving malfunctions without looking at the gun, thought it might be interesting to some of you:

Also, I was at US Shooting Academy with Mike Seeklander last week working on a DVD dealing with one handed handgun manipulations, here's a clip from a drill he ran me through at the end... with mags loaded with live rounds, dummy rounds and empty brass:

-RJP

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
Re: Malfunction Drills, Videos
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
I just got done teaching an Advanced Pistol Handling course at Black Wing Shooting Center in Ohio and we taped some video of students building their confidence in solving malfunctions without looking at the gun, thought it might be interesting to some of you:

How come you are not yelling "MOVE!". Is it because I'm not there?  :-))
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:49:08 PM »
Rob those are great drills, especially the 1 handed techniques, most ranges won't allow that anymore ( unfortunately ) and also bucks the rear sights that are currently very popular because the are dehorned, but in the wrong direction, most sight makers slope the front of the rear sight, and you don't have that very useful ledge to work against the belt or the shoe. Most factory rear sights do.

Get a buddy to load your mags for you alternating live rounds, empty brass or dummies, then do the same for them, very good drills.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
Second vid was neat, first one was removed by user.  ;D
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Hell of a set of jeans, but a great drill.

They don't call it SHTF, for nothing.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:21:49 AM »

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 08:55:52 PM »
Don,

Yeah, we do forego the "Move!" when the students have masking tape over their eyes.  ;)

But, I'm here at Black WIng until Sunday, if you want to come by and get yelled at!

-Rob

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
Yeah, we do forego the "Move!" when the students have masking tape over their eyes.  ;)

Masking tape! I didn't notice that. I thought they were shooting slow. LOL
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk