Author Topic: ALICE, MOLLE,VTAC...WTF?  (Read 5188 times)

tombogan03884

Re: ALICE, MOLLE,VTAC...WTF?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
Bic,
 If you are going to hang much more stuff on there you need a shoulder harness to help hold it all up.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »
 :-[Yeah..I'm just figurin' that out.......60 extra  rounds o' .40cal. & 10 of  2 3/4" OO Buck plus the loaded pistol is a leeeeetle weighty, but a fun & cheap project non the less. Maybe I'll lose the shotgun cartridges and substitute the famous coffee maker  :)

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
In all seriousness, the Alice type shoulder rig (or for that matter just a pair of old school wide red suspenders with the clips, wich can be replaced with sewn loops)  isn't that  bad an idea. I mean, its not like you're going for subtle here. If you want to be more low key throw a hip lenghth Aussie style game coat or a rain parka over it. Pull it closed without zipping it and you may sweat, but you won't scare the neighbors. Plus the big pockets on the Aussie coat will hold a fair few shells. Although if you're carrying 60 rounds of .40 and ten of buck, plus water and first aid, I'm guessing that the scaring the neighbors bridge has already been crossed and burned. ;)
FQ13

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »
FP wrote:  "Although if you're carrying 60 rounds of .40 and ten of buck, plus water and first aid, I'm guessing that the scaring the neighbors bridge has already been crossed and burned. Wink "

:)Yeah, I guess. My immediate neighbour is about half a mile away and a shooter so he doesn't care much, this'll be only to "get me to my long gun": - Clint Smith

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk