Author Topic: affordable monocular night vision  (Read 3334 times)

mydogtaz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
affordable monocular night vision
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »
 i have a question,what is the best (or next to best) monocular for night vision that is seriously affordable. i find that if you ask at a gun show you get that used car carny act and i generally just tell them to pound sand.so,some good honest helpful info would be appreciated....thanks......taz ???

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: affordable monocular night vision
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »
i have a question,what is the best (or next to best) monocular for night vision that is seriously affordable. i find that if you ask at a gun show you get that used car carny act and i generally just tell them to pound sand.so,some good honest helpful info would be appreciated....thanks......taz ???
Can't help you with your question, though I would like to hear the answer. One thing I can say though, is with that attitude of yours? You'll fit right in here. ;D Welcome aboard. ;D
FQ13

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:37:25 AM »
Bushnell has some good low cost night vision systems in the mid $200's. When your buying night vision systems you do get what you pay for. Low cost systems are going to be Gen 1. the military is using Gen 4 systems. and there's a big difference in quality of the image and the cost.
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »
this is the one I bought and have used since 1996 with no problems, I bought mine thru Harbor freight tools
http://zenit-camera.com/night_vision_nv_1001_m.htm
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
There are several $100 ones out there, but I dont know how good they are
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:25:22 AM »

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
I had a Night Owl mono gen 1 about 10 years ago. I hated it.  ;D Grainy, annoying to use, etc.

Heard decent things about this, however. Not too terribly expensive either. The idea is that it works sort of like a cheap digital camera sensitive to IR, and the images you see are much clearer than gen 1 (somewhere in between the gen 2-3 range)  w/o the higher prices of gen 2/3

http://www.opticsplanet.net/yukon-night-vision-yk28045.html

binocular version below

http://www.opticsplanet.net/yukon-digital-night-vision-ranger-28041.html
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk