Author Topic: AnotherTopic from Suarez  (Read 9763 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AnotherTopic from Suarez
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »
2 How, I'll sum up in one name why you should always carry a BUG,
Murphy, That bas#ard is everywhere.    ;)

Nah, I quit carrying those plastic pistol, besides If my luck was to have a 1 in a million shootout, and then have a 1 in a million failure, I would of won the lottery easier.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:18 PM »
Nah, I quit carrying those plastic pistol, besides If my luck was to have a 1 in a million shootout, and then have a 1 in a million failure, I would of won the lottery easier.

True.  And with the lottery, you'd be alive to spend it  :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 08:15:37 PM »
True.  And with the lottery, you'd be alive to spend it  :D :D
And with our luck? Guess whichone  is more likely to happen? Maybe I'm a pessimist, but somehow I think the odds of my last moment being holding a jammed pistol and saying "Doh", are a lot higher than my odds are of winning the powerball. :-\
FQ13 ;)

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 09:39:41 PM »
I do not want me last words to be "Oh sh!t".  ;D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »
If you dont have confidence in what you carry, get a different gun.  ::)

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:38:24 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
That's just it, I have confidence that no matter how well tested or high quality an item may be, it will almost always fail at the worst possible moment.
I'll illustrate, do you ever walk in the bath room to shave, get an aspirin or something, and noticed "Oh, the toilet paper is empty, "?  No, You don't notice till you NEED it  ;D

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »
I spent 2 hours today doing drills with the trusty 1911 and only burned through 100 rounds.

Draw, grip, extend, press........don't remember seeing the sights but I was driving nails with it.  The gun does what I ask of it and today, I managed to do my part as well.

I still wonder why people think the 1911 is a problematic carry gun.  Know your tool and it's limitations.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »
I spent 2 hours today doing drills with the trusty 1911 and only burned through 100 rounds.

Draw, grip, extend, press........don't remember seeing the sights but I was driving nails with it.  The gun does what I ask of it and today, I managed to do my part as well.

I still wonder why people think the 1911 is a problematic carry gun.  Know your tool and it's limitations.

AMEN, I have 1 too   8)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
I do think it's useful to explore alternatives (and I do have to give Saurez credit for being willing to do that in spades!)...I used to consider 2 guns just a little bit of overkill. Now it seems normal to have the LCP in the left-hand pocket and the primary carry gun, these days an SR9c, in the strong-side holster.

Lots of times we do a "test," carry something for a day or so — and, boy, am I guilty of that particular sin! — then declare that to doesn't work for us. Habituation to anything out of the ordinary takes time!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk