Author Topic: #4 buckshot for home defense?  (Read 20737 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: #4 buckshot for home defense?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
That is the key phrase that goes with any gun - caliber or gauge!  Shoot what you got, shoot what you can handle, and practice with them!

ZACTLY!!!

A .22 in your hand is a MUCH more effective SD tool than a 12 gauge locked in the safe.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »
ZACTLY!!!

A .22 in your hand is a MUCH more effective SD tool than a 12 gauge locked in the safe.

Heck, a big stick is better than a 12 ga locked in a safe!

Shillelagh

Google that...if it's good enuf for a crazy Mick, it's good enuf for anyone...since I'm half crazy Mick, it's allowed by Gaelic custom!  Probably a law somewhere if anyone could read the fuggin Gaelic language!

;D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »
Heck, a big stick is better than a 12 ga locked in a safe!

Shillelagh

Google that...if it's good enuf for a crazy Mick, it's good enuf for anyone...since I'm half crazy Mick, it's allowed by Gaelic custom!  Probably a law somewhere if anyone could read the fuggin Gaelic language!

;D

The Blackthorn bush is found throughout Ireland and the British Isles. It has been prized for centuries as a material for premium walking sticks. The original Blackthorn sticks were 2 to 4 foot long Irish shillelaghs (the national weapon of rural Ireland). In expert hands the shillelagh was so fearsome that during the final occupation of Ireland, the English outlawed it. To get around the law, the Irish turned the shillelagh into a 3-foot walking stick. The English didn't want to appear unreasonable by outlawing walking sticks too, so the Irish kept their modified shillelaghs and the world gained a beautiful and functional walking stick known simply as the Blackthorn.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »
I hate to be the killjoy here but perhaps if the "wild Micks" had used something a bit more potent than a Shillelagh it would not have taken them 600 years to defeat the Tower Muskets, Brown Bess's, Martini's, Lee Enfields and FAL's of the British Army.

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »
I hate to be the killjoy here but perhaps if the "wild Micks" had used something a bit more potent than a Shillelagh it would not have taken them 600 years to defeat the Tower Muskets, Brown Bess's, Martini's, Lee Enfields and FAL's of the British Army.

Did ya ever think we're a bit slow on the uptake?

;D

Erin go Bragh, Bogan!

Timothy SEAN

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:15:28 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »
Up your Republic !
The Irish have won every European or American war since  Cromwell's day.
It was easy to do since they have fought on both sides of every European or American war since  Cromwell's day. ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 04:03:21 AM »
As for bird shot, there are Ts and BBs, made for turkey and goose. Either should be good for across the room. Here's the conudrum. Both are made in steel (same with most #2s and #4s). This means less foot pounds. But, it also means greater dissapation of energy. OTOH, greater pentration as they're going faster, but less likelyhood of continuing to penetrate. Thoughts? ???

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 09:49:09 AM »
As for bird shot, there are Ts and BBs, made for turkey and goose. Either should be good for across the room. Here's the conudrum. Both are made in steel (same with most #2s and #4s). This means less foot pounds. But, it also means greater dissapation of energy. OTOH, greater pentration as they're going faster, but less likelyhood of continuing to penetrate. Thoughts? ???

What  ???

They come in lead!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
Not the ones you buy if you're a duck hunter as the things are illegal for waterfowl (and who buys #2s, #4s or BBs if not for waterfowl?). I've got a case load of each. So the question is, how will they do as SD rounds? I'm just curious as to whether anyone has any info.

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
Steel ? Or Bismuth ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk