Author Topic: A good 3 Minutes on Open Chamber Carry  (Read 3935 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
A good 3 Minutes on Open Chamber Carry
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »
Saw this posted on FB............. The Pincus pretty much nails it, IMHO.

Rob Pincus discusses why it is important to carry your firearm responsibly, with the trigger area covered by a quality holster and a round chambered, prepared for defensive use.

http://video.personaldefensenetwork.com/video/000717_empty-chamber-carry/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A good 3 Minutes on Open Chamber Carry
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
Yup.

Have a co-worker, gun owner,  never goes to the range, but "wanted a pistol for SD"...OK,...get to the range, get some pro training, take an SD course, and practice, practice, practice, even with snap caps, the wall drill or several other drills one can utilize if ammo prices make range time impractical.

Well, he traded his Walther P99 he bought NIB, owned for two years, and NEVER fired, for the new Ruger .380 with external safety.

(can't remember the model at the moment), but doesn't feel comfortable with "one in the chamber"... ??? I said don't you own an old S&W .38 revolver?  (Which he does)...

Where's the safety on that? I asked.....

I pretty much much said what the Pincus stated. If your not comfortable carrying a semi auto ready to go, in a good holster, don't get one. carry a revolver on an empty chamber, at least the act of firing, (double action) will rotate the cylinder to fire.

When I told him in winter, (with a jacket), I carry my 1911 cocked and locked, he just shook his head as if I were to shoot myself in the foot if the wind blew too hard or move too suddenly.

He's not a bad guy, he just goes fishing instead of shooting. :P

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: A good 3 Minutes on Open Chamber Carry
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:20:05 AM »
THats funny as there are not many guns out there as safe as a 1911 is.   you must do 3 things for it to go bang.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk