Author Topic: An "Atta Boy" to this week's "The Best Defense"  (Read 3114 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
An "Atta Boy" to this week's "The Best Defense"
« on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
I finally got around to watching this week's episode of "The Best Defense" last night (had something going Wednesday so I DVR'd it).  Let me start by saying that I LOVE the show, and it not only offers up many real-world situations, but also discusses various USEFUL ways to respond to them.  (Unlike other self-defense shows I've seen in the past)

Last night's episode covering the convenience store robbery was, I thought, EXTREMELY good.  As CCW holders we sometimes have a tendency to forget that an armed response is not always the best defense.  Being a good witness can be extremely helpful, as well.

In the scenario where the CCW customer engaged the bad guy I was impressed with the amount of time spent on discussing backstops, potential collateral damage and the like.  All EXTREMELY important not only to think about, but to work into your practice sessions, as well, because of the real world scenario ever presents itself your response needs to be as close to instinctual as possible, since stress has a nasty way of making us forget all the neat stuff we've learned, but not practiced over, and over, and over again.

Again, LOVE the show........congrats and keep up the GREAT work!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: An "Atta Boy" to this week's "The Best Defense"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »
Thank you!

I'm lucky enough to work with a couple of guys, Rob Pincus and Michael Janich, who have truly internalized this stuff...I learn something every time I watch the show, and I helped create it!

I'm looking forward to Season 2, which will premiere first week of January 2010.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk