Author Topic: A day with Mr. Pincus....  (Read 6718 times)

fullautovalmet76

A day with Mr. Pincus....
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:43:48 PM »
I had the opportunity to take a one day course with Rob on Sunday (4/5) and it was very enlightening and challenging. How did I do? I think I did OK. Rob showed me some things I was doing to short change myself and told me to "fix myself".

If any are thinking or planning to take a course from him here is what to expect:

He does have a sense of humor and it often will come at your expense.....I speak from experience.....  ;D But it is nothing one can't handle.....
He will hurt your feelings and tick you off (if necessary). But one gets the sense he's doing this to help one get better. Never for one second did I sense that he had anything other than my best interests at heart. In short, he has no problem getting in your face to make you a better shooter.
He is very open and willing to answer questions and give advice. He told two of the students the gun they had didn't work for them and told them why. Then he offered one one of his pistols to try so they could see the difference. I thought that was very professional of him...
What I appreciate the most about him is his dedication to the science of shooting in a self defense scenario. When one is around him, one will notice very quickly that what he says is laid upon a foundation of research in the field and in more formal academic arenas.

To conclude, I can give an unqualified recommendation for taking a course anytime he comes near your area. I will definitely take another from him!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A day with Mr. Pincus....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
A day with Mr. The Pincus....

8)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
How would one go about taking a class with Mr Pincus and how much $$ and where?  

Lots of ands.. not enough time in the day or money in the pocket but I'm always willing to learn and bring training back to others I know.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
How would one go about taking a class with Mr Pincus and how much $$ and where?  

Lots of ands.. not enough time in the day or money in the pocket but I'm always willing to learn and bring training back to others I know.

Go here: www.icetraining.us

Good luck!

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:53:40 PM »
I was trying. He was booked!!!  >:(

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:16:25 PM »

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »
Because he is "THE Pincus"

I love the shows and I feel I'm picking a lot up from them..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:58:08 PM »
I had the opportunity to take a one day course with Rob on Sunday (4/5) and it was very enlightening and challenging. How did I do? I think I did OK. Rob showed me some things I was doing to short change myself and told me to "fix myself".

If any are thinking or planning to take a course from him here is what to expect:

He does have a sense of humor and it often will come at your expense.....I speak from experience.....  ;D But it is nothing one can't handle.....
He will hurt your feelings and tick you off (if necessary). But one gets the sense he's doing this to help one get better. Never for one second did I sense that he had anything other than my best interests at heart. In short, he has no problem getting in your face to make you a better shooter.
He is very open and willing to answer questions and give advice. He told two of the students the gun they had didn't work for them and told them why. Then he offered one one of his pistols to try so they could see the difference. I thought that was very professional of him...
What I appreciate the most about him is his dedication to the science of shooting in a self defense scenario. When one is around him, one will notice very quickly that what he says is laid upon a foundation of research in the field and in more formal academic arenas.

To conclude, I can give an unqualified recommendation for taking a course anytime he comes near your area. I will definitely take another from him!

Thanks for the report....I think it just reaffirms my thoughts that Rob does not enter into anything in a half-assed manner.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Breck Schneider

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »

While I am not as articulate and verbose as Full Auto, I absolutely agree with his assessment of Rob Pincus...or should I say The...  ;D

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
FA,

Glad you enjoyed the day and got something out of the training!  Looking forward to seeing you on the range again soon!

BUT, I'm not so sure about taking you to lunch.....  ;)

-RJP

Frisco

• Ugly, broke down, retired old fart.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »
Rob,

COME TO ARIZONA...RIO SALADO IS A GREAT FACILITY...I WILL BUY YOU DINNER!

...and you can shoot my Bren Ten all day if you like.  I have lots of ammo and a selection of holsters.

God bless, and sincere thanks to all our fine people in uniform.  You pay for our freedom, and for that we owe you all we can give you.  Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk