Author Topic: Concealed Carry Clothes  (Read 20332 times)

Harmony Hermit

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Concealed Carry Clothes
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »
Perfect handgun for Florida! http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/  ;D

Can hide it in your pockets, or in a smart carry holster made for it. Or in a belly band.  8)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 890
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:22:57 AM »
Cale,

Have you considered the Big Bertha 7.62 Nato Driver, the Taylor Made .223 iron set, or the Ping 9mm putter  ;D

Sory ....  You guys have covered it so well I couldn't add anything constructive.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
Concealed carry clothes - Eotac's discreet line:

http://www.eotac.com/?p=2&section=action
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
I'm a tall skinny guy.  In the summer I found it better to cant the gun a little bit more and move it forward. Then haveing a untuched shirt.  Thats for a full sized 1911 frame( gov or commander)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1060
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
Smart carry doesn't work well for us fat guys.

I carry a 4-1/4" 1911 in a belt holster with t-shirt untucked in the summer.  I wouldn't say it's perfect but behind the hip with a holster that brings the bulk of the gun above the beltline, it works.  I wear 2xl t-shirts, not because I need to so much as I like a loose fitting shirt..., long/tall golf shirts or button "shop" shirts too...

It might be the holster, not the gun...not the greatest in the summer but until I get the small revolver I've ordered, it works for me. 

Yep same here....my actual size is XL...but a 2XL fits so damned good, I wear a 3XL for good measure.

:o

;D

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:04:38 AM »

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »
Perfect handgun for Florida! http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/  ;D

Can hide it in your pockets, or in a smart carry holster made for it. Or in a belly band.  8)

It is a FINE weapon, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 12:18:37 AM »
Another option would be off body.  Fanny Pack or Safepacker.  I'm always one for urban camouflage, so I'd get a WWF Panda patch or peace sign patch to make them look less tactical.

I had a customer come in wearing a man-purse with a Surefire clipped to the carry strap.  Surefire distracted me so much (trying to ID the model)  I didn't notice the purse was a Safepacker until he was leaving.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »
Another option would be off body.  Fanny Pack or Safepacker.  I'm always one for urban camouflage, so I'd get a WWF Panda patch or peace sign patch to make them look less tactical.

I had a customer come in wearing a man-purse with a Surefire clipped to the carry strap.  Surefire distracted me so much (trying to ID the model)  I didn't notice the purse was a Safepacker until he was leaving.

Those pandas are mean bastards. You'll be made right off. Off topic from classic jokes but here goes:
Panda walks into a bar and orders lunch. He finshes and walks to the counter to pay. As he does so, a couple walks into the bar. The panda turns, and without a word, draws his expensive subcompact from an off body holster with a WWF logo and blows them away. The bartender, hands in air says "What the hell did you do do that for?"
The panda, replacing his immpossible to spell pistol back into his fannypack now disguised with a happpy face and a no glocks logo, says "I'm a panda, look it up", and walks out the door.
The bartender, knowing that the cops won't be there for hours pulsl down his dictionary and does so. It reads; "Pandas, eats shoots and leaves". ;D
FQ13 (if any one asks I blame the rum)

dnittler

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
I can slip a Glock 26 into a kydex tuckable holster (i use a comp-tac CTAC, whcih is all kydex, but the MTAC with the leather backing works just as well) and tuck in a columbia or royal robins vented shirt with no problems. A lightly stiffer shirt, with a patter to break up printing is your friend here.

Just get clips on you holster that roughly match your belt color.

I prefer to wear jeans with shirts that are designed to be worn untucked. Ross, Marshalls, TJMax et all, has some really nice stuff at cheap prices, so you can try out different styles of clothes on the cheap to see what works for you. I can conceal a full sizes .45 pistol  Sig 220 in a sparks VMII all day in this manner.

Get a good belt (read: not Galco). Order yourself a milt sparks belt, you will not regret it.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
Get a good belt (read: not Galco). Order yourself a milt sparks belt, you will not regret it.

+10
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk