Author Topic: Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"  (Read 23170 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 07:58:53 PM »

$31.60 a gallon for about 8 pounds of elitist, pretentious, goodness!

Timothy I'm begging you to give me the address for these guys. Bacon drippings are good, but some times the smoke kills the other flavors. Duck fat gives you the richness and remains neutral and doesn't fight the the spices. If this sounds absurd, consider reloaders arguing over how many grains of X powder makes the best round. Details do matter. BTW, did anyone else notice just a bit of thread drift? Hell, if it comes down to food, booze or guns I'm happy. ;D
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 08:00:54 PM »
The aforementioned "Tub-O-FAT can be procured through Amazon.com.  This was the economy size and provided the most humor! ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »
The aforementioned "Tub-O-FAT can be procured through Amazon.com.  This was the economy size and provided the most humor! ;D
Humor is good, but if you make it to So Fl in your travels I will cook you up a pan of home fries and onions in duck fat and you will be a believer. The funny thing is I mentioned this to my doc when she was giving me "the lecture"tm. about cholestorol. Her response was "God those are good and less cholestorol than butter". I knowI've got the right Md. ;)
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
Thanks Jay but I'm no stranger to duck fat.....I can appreciate the finer workings of a saute pan or saucier myself.....just don't get the opportunity very often to use it.....our local grocer has started carrying duck breast, ostrich and bison and all of this stuff is available over the internet.  I do appreciate the offer though! ;)

Now, lets not talk about the holy trinity or people are going to start gossiping! ;D 

P.S.  What are the three secrets to french cuisine?

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
Thanks Jay but I'm no stranger to duck fat.....I can appreciate the finer workings of a saute pan or saucier myself.....just don't get the opportunity very often to use it.....our local grocer has started carrying duck breast, ostrich and bison and all of this stuff is available over the internet.  I do appreciate the offer though! ;)

Now, lets not talk about the holy trinity or people are going to start gossiping! ;D  

P.S.  What are the three secrets to french cuisine?
I don't know if this a trick question like  the knot thing, but I will venture the following:
Fresh quality ingredients (locally grown if possible, support your local farmers), if the ingredients aren't there, make something else, be guided by the grocers's shelves, not an idea in your head
Simply and well prepared (good technique beats fancy recipies everyday)
Adequate but minimal spice so as to accentuate, not hide the flavor of the dish
Rule 4, If all else fails, surrender (it is after all French) ;D
FQ13
PS As far as the Trinity, green peppers, onions and celery, now you're just talkig dirty and M'lette will have to spank you. (lucky bastard).

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:50:17 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 09:07:20 PM »
The three secrets to French cuisine are:

1) Butter
2) Butter
3) Butter

The trinity or mirepoix....celery, carrots and onions but green peppers are an alternate! 

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »

1) Butter
2) Butter
3) Butter

The trinity or mirepoix....celery, carrots and onions but green peppers are an alternate!  

That (GP) is the norm when cooking Cajun / creole.

The other secret to anything is time.  You cannot hurry and have it right.  I hate cooking shows that say you can make stock in 2 or 3 hours.  If your stock dosen't take a full day (8 hrs) MINIMUM then you ain't got stock.  You got colored water!

And if yer makin' Ox tail soup that is a two day process!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
Julia Child would be so proud of you guys and totally agree..

Butter,
Lard or equivalent
More Butter,
and Cream.

Not the Half and Half crap for coffee either....

As my arteries harden,.......the culinary orgasm is what it's all about where food is concerned. ;)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 01:16:13 AM »

1) Butter
2) Butter
3) Butter

Oh no mon ami,

I spent much time in Cajun country and in Coonass cookin'. The Trinity is equal parts of celery, onion and bell pepper. A mirepoix is 1 part celery, 2 parts onion and 1 part carrots.

Emeril Legasse also makes the same distinction between the Trinity and a mirepoix.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 01:21:38 AM »
Oh no mon amie,

I spent much time in Cajun country and in Coonass cookin'. The Trinity is equal parts of celery, onion and bell pepper. A mirepoix is 1 part celery, 2 parts onion and 1 part carrots.

Emeril Legasse also makes the same distinction between the Trinity and a mirepoix.

You DO realize that Emeril is a Portagee from Fall River Mass ? (Home of Lizzy Borden  ;D  )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk