Author Topic: Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"  (Read 23207 times)

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »
I was at the range yesterday when a Russian family set up on a position 2 slots down from me. Father, Mother, a tween boy, and a younger teenage girl. There was also an "Uncle" with them. The Uncle was obviously a professional and acted as their firearms instructor, going through range safety, and firearms handling. The Uncle's personal weapon was a CZ82 in 9x18, but the family was using a new HiPoint 40 S&W.

The entire family shot the HiPiont until the "Uncle" was satisfied that that they were familiar enough with it, not to shoot their toes off. I guess for a foreign national, a "resident alien", a HiPoint would be a good "temporary" if not disposable gun.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Addendem to "HiPoint as Disposable Firearm"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »
The HiPoint is a good gun for ANYONE that wants a a solid reliable weapon that WILL GO BANG every time you need it to but can't afford or does not want to spend multiple hundreds to thousands for .

I kid the Glock guys as the gun is just not my favorite BUT you will never hear me bash one with anything less than humor.  We need to stop this infighting and superiority complex over the guns we choose to shoot / carry. etc.

Giving advise based on direct experience is fine but we need to stop the 'Glocks blow up', 'HiPoints are junk', 'KelTeks jam' when it is based solely on hearsay or first gen problems that have long been fixed.

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »
I've got a retired Navy buddy that lives down in TX.  He's carried a Hi-Point for years because he can afford it, it DOES go bang every time and he trusts it absolutely!

His is chambered in a good defense round of .45 ACP.....if Hal trusts his, 'Nuf said!

Now, the Sig Mosquito?  I'll let Haz tell y'awl 'bout that!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »
The HiPoint is a good gun for ANYONE that wants a a solid reliable weapon that WILL GO BANG every time you need it to but can't afford or does not want to spend multiple hundreds to thousands for .

I kid the Glock guys as the gun is just not my favorite BUT you will never hear me bash one with anything less than humor.  We need to stop this infighting and superiority complex over the guns we choose to shoot / carry. etc.

Giving advise based on direct experience is fine but we need to stop the 'Glocks blow up', 'HiPoints are junk', 'KelTeks jam' when it is based solely on hearsay or first gen problems that have long been fixed.

+1000 I have bashed kel-tecs, but I have been careful to say that its just becuase I didn't like the trigger on my p-11, which is very subjective. I did have a few jamming problems with the ONE box of hydra shocks I put through it but it ate every FMJ without a hiccup. I would carry one tommorow and feel safe. The same is true with Hi Points. I hate gun snobbery. I like people who point me to to something better and always prefer more to less, but the only grounds to truly bash a gun is if it doesn't do the job. Then bash away because you are saving someone from making an expensive and potentially dangerous mistake. Otherwise, we should stick to the pros and cons, recognizing that everything is a compromise. There is no best gun. Like Haz, I enjoy giving the 1911 guys a hard time, but just because I love Glocks, doesn't mean I wouldn't take and carry, a 1911, a Sig or a CZ and be happy with it. I really do think this is an issue on boards like this. Its like fly fishing. To often people tune in, think that if they can't afford a $600 Sage or Loomis that they're going to be laughed at. The fact is that the bass doesn't care if its caught with an $800 high end Loomis or a $50 Wal Mart special. The same is true of guns. A Hi Point will will do the job at 10 feet just as well as a $1000 Springfield, no laser required. Quailty is good. Its just, as John Gierach once said. "important to remember you aren't as good as what you own". Thats one of the things that seperates this board from many others and I thank Haz for reminding us.
FQ13  

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »
I've got a retired Navy buddy that lives down in TX.  He's carried a Hi-Point for years because he can afford it, it DOES go bang every time and he trusts it absolutely!

His is chambered in a good defense round of .45 ACP.....if Hal trusts his, 'Nuf said!

Now, the Sig Mosquito?  I'll let Haz tell y'awl 'bout that!

Yep.  My $140 C-9 HiPoint has never failed in thousands of rounds of all types.  A $450 Sig Mosquito RARELY runs one full mag with out a jam! (and that's after a trip back to the factory!)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:38:15 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 05:32:23 PM »
Now, the Sig Mosquito?  I'll let Haz tell y'awl 'bout that!
Timothy
You know I love ya man (in a strictly manly heterosexual way), but you ARE a yankee. The word is y'all, not yawl (thats a navy thing, and no one down south cares about the placement of your mizzen mast, or at least they'll be discreet about it). Have a bowl of grits (good and good for you) and try again. ;D
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »
Timothy
You know I love ya man (in a strictly manly heterosexual way), but you ARE a yankee. The word is y'all, not yawl (thats a navy thing, and no one down south cares about the placement of your mizzen mast, or at least they'll be discreet about it). Have a bowl of grits (good and good for you) and try again. ;D
FQ13

Technically, I'm not a Yankee, I grew up in MI, lived in FL, CA, CT and now MA.  I would guess that I'm an American, nothing more, nothing less.  My mizzen mast, by design is right where it's supposed to be, aft of the main!  Unless of course it's a sailing vessel called a "yawl" then the mizzen would be directly behind the helm but always aft of the main!  These are not Navy terms but SAILING terms and I would think someone from S. Florida would have more knowledge of such things!

As for grits!  Tasteless nasty stuff, y'all can keep 'em.  Us "Nawthenaaas" prefer home fries! ;D ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »
"As for grits!  Tasteless nasty stuff, y'all can keep 'em.  Us "Nawthenaaas" prefer home fries!"

GRILLED, Not that deep fried shit !

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
GRILLED, Not that deep fried shit !

Exactly!  With lots of butter and onions!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »
Exactly!  With lots of butter and onions!

Bacon drippins'  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk