Author Topic: Rossi Circuit Judge .45 Colt/.410 Bore rifle based on the Taurus Judge revolver  (Read 716 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Rossi is making a Circuit Judge .45 Colt/.410 Bore hybrid rifle based on the Taurus Judge revolver. It comes in 3 flavors; Hardwood - Polished Black, Hardwood - Stainless Steel, and Tacticool Polymer - Matte Black. The latter has a Picatinny rail on the forend which would make attaching a tactical light very easy. The pistol grip on that one looks a lot more comfortable than the others. They all have 18.5" barrels, measure 35.5" long, and weigh 85 ounces (5 pounds, 5 ounces). That's about the same size and weight as a .22 rimfire rifle, so they'd be handy little things.

Some call it “the best of both worlds.” We call it the most fun you can have in a long-rifle platform. Chambered for both 45 Colt and 410 bore shotshells up to 3-inch Magnum, the Circuit Judge is a diverse hybrid rifle. Features a five-shot cylinder and a single-action/double-action trigger system for precision or rapid-fire shooting, the Circuit Judge provides modern rifle performance with a classic revolver feel.

The owner's manual has this to say concerning ammo: Rossi Firearms rated for “+P” ammunition are rated for Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI) compliant “+P” ammunition. SAAMI does not recognize any “+P+” ammunition at all. It is DANGEROUS to fire “+P+” ammunition in any Rossi firearm and if you do so you may be seriously injured or killed. In addition, it seems some ammunition marked “+P” is not SAAMI compliant either. There are only four calibers that can carry a “+P” rating from SAAMI. They are 38 Special +P, 9mm Luger +P, 38 Super Automatic and 45 Automatic +P. There are no other SAAMI approved “+P” loads. Any ammunition in any other caliber marked “+P” is not SAAMI compliant, may be dangerous and should not be used.

^ Emphasis mine. And no .45 Colt +P ammo for Rossi firearms.

They have a straight rifled choke tube similar to my Contender pistol barrels, and when you aren't using the choke, you put a thread protecting sleeve in its place. The Contender barrels don't have that. When you take the choke tube out, there's nothing to keep the threads from getting dirty or damaged. I'd like to see what these guns do with 3" Magnum, 5 pellets per shell 000 Buck. I'm not sure what it would be good for but I bet it would be fun to find out. :) I might just have to go and take a look at the polymer version. If I bought it and sold my Contender, I could shoot all the .45 Colt and .410 ammo I have in this gun, and shoot all the other calibers of ammo I bought for my Contender in other guns, except for the small pile of .357 Maximum. I would have to sell that. But I just don't know if I want to get rid of the old one-shooter. I'd kind of like to get a .375 Winchester barrel for it and put medium-large holes in things.

List price =  $809.99 for Polymer and Polished Black, $869.99 for Stainless Steel.  https://rossiusa.com/rifles/circuit-judge
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
We were talking recently at an IDPA match: What we need is a PCCR class, Pistol Calibr Carbine Revolver
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Huh? It looks they made this last year, and also a 922 Tracker version with interchangeable cylinders for .22 LR/.22WMR, but I don't see it listed for sale.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk