Author Topic: Sig P232 for CCW & Open Carry  (Read 1502 times)

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sig P232 for CCW & Open Carry
« on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

First post here but I've been reading the forums for a couple weeks and wanted to get some opinions.  I intend on taking my CHL course this month and although I won't be able to carry for several months, I have an excellent opportunity to purchase a Sig P232:  http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=10&productid=69

It's new and at a great price, $350 law enforcement surplus, it's probably two or three years old but new in box.  They bought them from police backup and undercover carry.  I have no qualms about SIG but I've never shot a PPK and I have no experience with the magazine setup, which is my main concern.  I figure that this would be a good choice for summer and I'll get a larger weapon for the winter.

Anyway, thoughts on the weapon and caliber, which is .380 Auto.

Thanks,
Bryan

P.S. A petition for Texas open carry is getting hot, I've signed, but I'd like to here some thoughts on this as well.  Can't talk to many people here about guns and our right to protect ourselves, I live in Hippytown, TX.  And I wouldn't carry the P232 openly, if I carry open I don't want people laughin, ahahha look how small his gun is :)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
Re: Sig P232 for CCW & Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:47:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Gun Tests magazine said the PPK was better but I don't remember why. The PPK mag release is just like a 1911 and many other pistols.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk