Poll

Cities aside, do you see as many small animals about now as there were 40-50 years ago?

yes
2 (22.2%)
no
1 (11.1%)
I don't know
2 (22.2%)
no, something's up
1 (11.1%)
more than before.
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Wildlift Population Observations  (Read 4369 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
Re: Wildlift Population Observations
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 06:33:51 AM »
Peg I suspect you guys have fire ants or are you too far north?  Those things devastated and made extinct quail where I grew up when the mirex wore off.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 10:10:59 AM »
Peg I suspect you guys have fire ants or are you too far north?  Those things devastated and made extinct quail where I grew up when the mirex wore off.

Son, what you talkin' 'bout.....fire ants? We got 'em by the ton.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 06:43:48 AM »
They wiped out our quail.  There for a while you could get fire ant killer with Mirex in it ordering off Amazon.  Then the EPA caught it and stopped it.  I wish I had gotten some.  One pount will keep an acre clear of any fire andts for 3 years...after that mounds may establish but they die out for another 2-3 years.  I hear it's in Mexico...but you get in more trouble smuggling ant poison then cocaine....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »
They wiped out our quail.  There for a while you could get fire ant killer with Mirex in it ordering off Amazon.  Then the EPA caught it and stopped it.  I wish I had gotten some.  One pount will keep an acre clear of any fire andts for 3 years...after that mounds may establish but they die out for another 2-3 years.  I hear it's in Mexico...but you get in more trouble smuggling ant poison then cocaine....

What is the active ingredient that the EPA hates?

I say it often, and get in trouble most of the time when I do:  There is still a place in this world for DDT.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »

Rastus,

Look into a item called Regent (Fipronil) at your local area farm chemical supplier. It's expensive, but it only takes a couple of ounces for two acres. You can get it in granular form at places like Lowe's for $36 per bag. Two ounces mixed in a 50 gallon sprayer will keep the ants gone for a year.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:32:08 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk