Author Topic: John Ross' UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!  (Read 29346 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
John Ross' UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!
« on: February 07, 2007, 04:42:33 PM »
The SHOOTING GALLERY episode with John Ross — which is a real HUMMER! — runs 02/07 and 05/09. As usual, the contact information for John somehow didn't make it on the show. Q'uell surprise!

Here's John Ross' website: http://www.john-ross.net/

You can also get his classic book, UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES, from Amazon:

I'm going to do a special feature on John's upcoming custom .500 Magnum from the S&W Performance Center here on DOWN RANGE as soon as they're available (and, yes, I'm sure I'll have one to give away here).

John just called me up to say he watched the episode at his favorite bar in St. Louis, and that everyone was blown away. The bartender (who, John mentioned, is "cute") asked him to take her out shooting machineguns. All in a day's work!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

bigbadbob

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: John Ross' UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 04:57:46 PM »
Just saw the show on John Ross on SG- outstanding show and a real pleasure to be able to see and hear from John!  I have read his book several times, visited his website and emailed him a couple of times over the years and it was good to put a voice and personality to the man.  Once again an example of the cutting edge programming that is Shooting Gallery.  By the way how are things agoing for next season?  I sent an email to the Outdoor Channel advocating for SG; really want that show back for next season.

fowlmouth

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »
Ditto on John Ross...he's here in St. Louis and I have attended several of his events in the past...I honestly believe he has the best interests of gun owners at heart and his machine gun shoots are a blast!!...I'm Tivo'ing the show now and will watch it later tonight...and just to show my support for Michael, I won't skip through the commercials  ;D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »
I think the John Ross episode is one of the best episodes ever (as was the Rauch snubbie and Janich knife episodes!).

Unfortunately, SHOOTING GALLERY is, shall we say, up in the air. The Outdoor Channel opted to not renew my contract for 2007; they have since had a change of heart (thanks for those cards and letters, folks; you might want to keep them coming!) and we are talking about 13 episodes of SHOOTING GALLERY and COWBOYS in 2007 (as opposed to 26, as we've been running), but there is at this point nothing on paper.

There's also some other pretty cool opportunities out there — as Cartman would say, HELLA-COOL! — and as soon as the dust settled, I'll publish it here.

In the meantime, you're going to be seeing more and more original video on DOWN RANGE TELEVISION. I've been working on the CCW shows (my idea is that 3-4 5/7-minute videos = an "episode"), and they pretty much rock.

Hell, I figure I've gone too far to stop now!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

xilch

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »
Awesome show today! Now I find myself with an insatiable desire for an elephant gun though...  ;)

Looks like you had a "blast" with all of those automatic weapons!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:01:51 PM »

HandgunGeezer

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 07:29:26 PM »
I agree! Today was one of the BEST shows you have done. Yous is one of the few shows that I even subscribe to The Outdoor Channel for. If your shows go, I cancel my subscription. I have told them so by phone and email.

I have John Ross' book, and haven't took the time to read, but it is on my table for my next read. Thanks for a great show, today, and past and (hopefully), the future.

Hawkeye

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
That was a great show! I have Shooting Gallery set to record on my TIVO. So I watched it after I got home this evening, looked up your site, got your link to John Ross' website and to UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES, from Amazon. Spent time reading ROSS in Range. Then went to Amazon to order the book.

Again, GREAT show.  I hope to see lots more!

Hawkeye

canon6

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 09:13:38 PM »
absolutely one of the best shows I have ever seen.Ross is cut form the same bolt of cloth as some of my favorite people , thanks.
We could use more like him, or more to step up like him   Doug

4ster

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 09:21:28 PM »
Definately one of the best shows ever. When are those Ross S&W's going to be ready?

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 01:55:41 AM »
I thought it was pretty interesting.  I'm going to have to check out the book now.  I couldn't quit drooling when he whipped out the Thompson. 
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk