Author Topic: Hey MB while you are on your suppressors for everyone campaign...  (Read 6253 times)

ccd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is there any chance you can convince one of the AR makers to offer an upper in 9x39? I am not a great fan of rebated cases and only JDJ (JDJ obviously beleives in capitalism)and Olyarms(last resort) offer the Whisper and the 9x39 seems to have been a success in Russian hands. If nothing else it could also be offered, besides in the heavy subsonic loading, in a 180 gr load and be sold as a semiauto version of the 35 Remington.

Thanks.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Hey MB while you are on your suppressors for everyone campaign...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:18:34 PM »
Is there any chance you can convince one of the AR makers to offer an upper in 9x39? I am not a great fan of rebated cases and only JDJ (JDJ obviously beleives in capitalism)and Olyarms(last resort) offer the Whisper and the 9x39 seems to have been a success in Russian hands. If nothing else it could also be offered, besides in the heavy subsonic loading, in a 180 gr load and be sold as a semiauto version of the 35 Remington.

Thanks.

???  Huh? The .35 Remington was originally chambered for the Remington Model 8 semi-automatic rifle in 1908.

Frank
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ccd

• Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »
A 35Rem type cartridge that works in an AR 15 platform , although I only care about it with subsonic loads.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
Jeeeeeeeeeeez...you ask for a lot! The whole industry is spooked silly about the election, it's hard to get their attention. It's tempting to get one of the 5.7 X 28 uppers just for giggles.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:58:53 PM »
Michael (or anyone else who knows)

Could you let me know what co's (other than FNH) have put out (or are going to put out) either complete rifles or uppers in 5.7 X 28?
Thanks in advance for the info.

Jim
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

Sponsor

ccd

• Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
This is one of them , I think there is another group making one also. I have no experience one way or the other with them.

http://www.57center.com/

Ammunition to go has them currently in stock on their website 699 without the mag,  749 with the mag.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »
I think there's one other AR top end other than the 57 guys...I've got no experience with themeither...they do look cool...

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 01:20:48 AM »
I need to get one of those AR57 pistols and a shoulder holster for it.  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk