Author Topic: The new Ruger Pocket Revolver is here: Ruger LCR  (Read 39220 times)

The Highlander

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The new Ruger Pocket Revolver is here: Ruger LCR
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
Oh Lawdy, that thing is plum fugly

rich642z

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2009, 11:23:12 PM »
I got the March issue of  Guns And Ammo magazine with a write up from Dick Metcalf on it and Dick says on the trigger pull after shooting 100 rds of 158+ps rds was from 10 but felt like 8 pond trigger pull but it was smooth and light.   Since I am a revolver person myself,I think I am going to have my dealer order me one just to give some words about from my point of view on the ruger LCR revolver.   And the G&A mag shows the lock in the grip frame also but,no see lock,no use lock. Plain as that.  It even shows the trigger mech and Joe Zadjik showing the LCR parts before it is put together.  I am still getting one.  mike,When in your show Shooting Gallery are you going to show more on this new LCR????? rich642z   P.S. I want to see more of the polymer grip and that locking mech to see how it works. 8)

tombogan03884

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2009, 11:26:55 PM »
If you can afford it go ahead and get one. We would love to hear your feed back.

rich642z

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2009, 11:36:52 PM »
I also forgot to say that those prices on the LCR are MSRP pricing and I did talk to Ruger rep on the phone a week and ahalf ago on the prices and I told them to pass the message that S&W has them beat on the Crimson Trace Laser pricing and without on their airweights revolvers.  Time will tell on the pricing though.   rich642z   I will probably get one around spring-summer time posibility. I will have to put it on payment plan every 2 weeks since I am disabled shooter.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
I talked to Ruger late last week, and should be getting an LCR in late February...

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #75 on: Today at 11:17:32 PM »

rich642z

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »
Mike,Thanks alot for your info on the Ruger LCR.   I will be recording your show each week and I hope you also have a S&W J frame airweght to test the 2 guns side by side on the parts,lock mech. and shooting both guns and compare recoil and muzzle flip with both revolvers.  And Again Mike,Thanks for your help on this. rich642z 8)

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »
I had the chance to shoot one yesterday with CT laser grips. I liked the trigger but did not like the grips....I believe sticking with the stock Hogue grips is the best bet for this revolver. Overall, I think this revolver is well suited for the market it is intended.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »
Handled one today for the first time. Stopped off at a little 'hole-in-the-wall hunting store in a small town and they had one (only had a dozen handguns in all). Price was $425. Balanced well in my hand and my wife liked it.
I'd really like to fire one.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk