Author Topic: Saiga/AK legality and optics Help!  (Read 11034 times)

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Saiga/AK legality and optics Help!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:35 PM »
My suggestion would be to stick with the forarm mount.  If you attach anything to, or mount anything over the sheet metal receiver cover your going to have to re-zero everytime you take the gun apart for cleaning...   :(

NICE!:

Does an AK have a zero or just a distinct probability?
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Badgersmilk

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »
True enough.  Their only accurate enough to be the most successfull combat firearm ever fielded...  

Drop me anywhere in the world and I'm within walking distance of more ammunition and spare magazines...

Will you really care if the 10 year old Chinese / North Korean / any other country in the world kid weilding it shoots at you and hits you in the heart, or the lungs?  My guess is he's got the thing on full auto, and it wont be just one bullet going through you as you try to hand him a plate full of food because their all starving.

Time for America to wake up and see the world for what it REALLY is.  

AK's were designed so ANYBODY could rely on them 100%.  I'd take that kids gun and fight naked over all the gear on the soldier if I needed to defend my life!

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 12:13:06 AM »
True enough.  Their only accurate enough to be the most successfull combat firearm ever fielded...  

Drop me anywhere in the world and I'm within walking distance of more ammunition and spare magazines...

Will you really care if the 10 year old Chinese / North Korean / any other country in the world kid weilding it shoots at you and hits you in the heart, or the lungs?  My guess is he's got the thing on full auto, and it wont be just one bullet going through you as you try to hand him a plate full of food because their all starving.

Time for America to wake up and see the world for what it REALLY is.  

AK's were designed so ANYBODY could rely on them 100%.  I'd take that kids gun and fight naked over all the gear on the soldier if I needed to defend my life!

If I understand what your are saying, you are fully capable of firing a weapon that any illiterate, peasant can? 

I kid. I kid.

I understand the whole concept, I just think the whole idea of scopes on AKs is funny.  A red dot is fine, but other than that, gimme some irons and the general hostile direction and jacketed lead will be dealt in that general area.  It takes more men logistically to care for wounded. The dead just lie there.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Badgersmilk

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »
Yeah.  I'm with you on magnification of sights on an AK.  I like the red dot idea myself, but personally I dont think they're worth the trade off of adding size, weight, and fragility on my weapon.  To each their own.  And when in combat you can always pop off the glass optic and go back to iron quick enough if your still alive... 

That being said.  Yes, I do have an Eotech on my AR-10. Always good to try different things!  And after dealing with all the JUNK AR's I handled in the military, but still hearing EVERYBODY swear AR's were the best thing since Adam found out eve wasnt just good to look at.  I wanted to set up an AR on my own hopeing for better results...  Now I know I should have spent the money on three or four AK's instead.  Hindsight!

Not being able to read isnt going to stop that kid from sticking his AK in that soldiers back and popping off a few.  The world is an ugly place in time of war.  We should ALL give it a LOT of thought.  Having whats trendy and cool isnt going to get you home at night.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk