Author Topic: Selfish Illegals To Get NY College Tuition But Not Gold Star Children  (Read 1861 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-york-dems-block-bill-expanding-college-tuition-for-gold-star-families-after-approving-27m-in-tuition-aid-for-illegal-immigrants-report

Fox New Excerpt:
New York Assembly Democrats on Tuesday blocked a bill that proposed expanding college tuition aid for children of deceased and disabled military veterans after-- having a week earlier-- approved a state budget that set aside $27 million in college tuition aid for illegal immigrants.

The Assembly?s Higher Education Committee voted 15 to 11 on Tuesday to shelve the bill, effectively quashing its chances of going to the floor, the Post-Standard reported.

The decision came after committee chair Deborah Glick, D-Manhattan, and Speaker Carl Heastie said $27 million from the state?s budget would go towards supporting the Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act, which allows illegal immigrants to qualify for state aid for higher education, Newsweek reported.

Glick said any expansion of college tuition aid to Gold Star families was not within the state's budget and pointed to an already-existing program that provides $2.7 million to 145 students who are dependents of vets who served in combat zones, the New York Post reported.

<snip>

NY D's are sick puppies.  They may be US citizens but they are not Americans by any stretch of the imagination.  They put party over people and manipulate people to stay in power.  They are the new Nazi's.  Damn them.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Selfish Illegals To Get NY College Tuition But Not Gold Star Children
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:35:57 PM »
Rastus, Just be glad that you don't live here, Upstate NY'ers are paying for a lot of NYcities mass transit, the city used eminent domain to seize property to build reservoirs up here to supply the city with water, plus a multitude of oppressive taxes that all go to the city. It's not possible for many of us to leave the state as much as I would like to. I would take a loss on the value of my house among other reasons.We can only hope the next election cycle will bring forth the change to make this state a better place to work and live in.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 11:03:01 PM »
I sure hope you guys get some relief up there.

I was in NYC for the first time ever in February.  I could detect a sewer smell...I suspect it only grows worse with warm weather.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:37:09 AM »
Rastus, Just be glad that you don't live here, Upstate NY'ers are paying for a lot of NYcities mass transit, the city used eminent domain to seize property to build reservoirs up here to supply the city with water, plus a multitude of oppressive taxes that all go to the city. It's not possible for many of us to leave the state as much as I would like to. I would take a loss on the value of my house among other reasons.We can only hope the next election cycle will bring forth the change to make this state a better place to work and live in.

A very good example of why the Electoral College is required.  You are being "ruled" by the populous NYC and used to their advantage.

That is exactly what would happen across the nation were the Electoral College be abolished.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk