Author Topic: Walmart and ammo!  (Read 2827 times)

Timothy

Walmart and ammo!
« on: September 03, 2019, 07:38:04 PM »
I'm sure y'all have heard that Wally World will stop selling handgun and "short barrel rifle" ammunition as their stocks and current inventory are depleted.  They've also decided to stop selling handguns in Alaska..

Thoughts?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: Walmart and ammo!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 10:39:49 PM »
Wally World baled on us years ago.  By the way, did you notice that this is nothing by a PR move?  They aren't dumping everything.  Only ammunition used in the hot topic firearms and hot topic firearms.  They will still keep taking money from shooters whenever possible.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 05:55:36 AM »
I actually try to avoid buying from WalMart.  But it's been hard because it's convenient.  They just made it easier.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 06:29:15 AM »
Wally World baled on us years ago.  By the way, did you notice that this is nothing by a PR move?  They aren't dumping everything.  Only ammunition used in the hot topic firearms and hot topic firearms.  They will still keep taking money from shooters whenever possible.

Yup and yup...

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 06:33:40 AM »
I actually try to avoid buying from WalMart.  But it's been hard because it's convenient.  They just made it easier.

I do as well but the wifey is still convinced it's a bargain basement.  She has no math skills to speak of...

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:02:54 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 08:12:21 AM »
I watch out to avoid the "bargain sizes" that are often priced significantly higher per unit than the smaller sizes.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »
I watch out to avoid the "bargain sizes" that are often priced significantly higher per unit than the smaller sizes.

That, and I know that they deliberately force suppliers to package popular products in different configurations to confuse the less savvy consumers.  I've seen this on hundreds of items.

About the only thing I buy there is oil and ammo...now I'll avoid it altogether and let the wife do what she will...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:56:12 AM »
Not been in one for 20 years... I hate going into a store and not being able to find what I am looking for.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 11:04:05 AM »
Like the rest of you, I have pretty much quit shopping at WalMart. It seems to me they NEVER had any deals worth talking about, especially in Sporting Goods. I could always beat their prices elsewhere and over the Internet. Having said that I would love to see enough people to organize, even if just for 1 day or 1 week (preferred) to stop ALL shopping at Walmart to see what they would do. On FB I suggested the week of Haloween but as of now, no one has agreed with me.
Between them and the growing stupidity in California (San Fran) my blood pressure meds are going to have to be increased.   ;^(

P.S. I got tired of looking at Walmartians LONG AGO.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »
Went to Walmart for the first time in many years last week.

Neighbor told me he got his Trump 2020 flag there, but the had none I could find any.

Nothing else about the place interests me.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk