Author Topic: Down Range Radio #295: Prepare yourself for the big gun debate  (Read 7035 times)

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Down Range Radio #295: Prepare yourself for the big gun debate
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
I know way too many people (some are gun owners) that actually think this is about guns and truly believe that it will stop with "assault" rifles.  They think I'm just being paranoid when I try to explain that this is just the tip of the spear.  Must endeavor to persevere.

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
Folks, this morning as I was cruising facebook sites, I noticed an advert for a local station that was running a survey re gun control. This was not a local station in my state, but I clicked on it anyway. It asked me to join for my vote to be counted. It allowed opt outs for emails, etc. and was free, so I did. At the time I voted in favor of the NRA stance, there were a total of 12 votes. Nine of the votes were against the NRA and 3 were for it. The thought occurs to me that hundreds, perhaps thousands, of local sites are doing this and this is a way for us to begin to voice our positions on the matter. So, no matter where I see the "surveys", I intend to voice my opinion. I have already done so with my local politicians. All are Democrats, so that may be futile. Nevertheless, I press on.

If anyone wants to do what I did this morning: patch.com is where you can vote.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
My friends, I believe we are in the End Game, and we very well may lose. Here is what I think happened — after the reelection, the Obama administration notified the antigun forces and their shills in the media that there would indeed be a major antigun initiative within the next year and told them to start marshaling their forces. The Newtown tragedy was a godsend for the blood dancers, because it came as they were already spinning up...that explains the zero lag time and the coordinated response.

Do I agree with every point of the industry's response? No, but that doesn't matter. All that endless debate we do, gnawing away at each other, is OVER! It's always been self-destructive crap, and now more than ever. The battle lines are drawn, and they are the lines we will fight on.

Marshal is right...there is no way to sway the mainstream, which, if the most recent polls are to be believed, have not been hugely swayed in the other direction by Newtown, either...we are still an almost evenly divided country.

What we have to do is rally our side, the committed, persistent minority (one of the areas where Saul Alinsky and Samual Adams agree) and that includes everyone who sat on the sidelines during the election saying don't worry, Obama would never move against guns. We have to be 100% now; we have to be behind the NRA and NSSF and GOA and SAF. We have do our parts. Later, if we survive this, we can have another endless debate on whose penis is larger.

Those who come after will judge us by our actions over the next few months. They will either be free Americans, proud of the part their mothers and father played in preserving the Constitution and the life we love, or they will be subjects and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »
Well said Mike!

I've given the NRA enough for my Life Membership recently, at least over the next couple years.  I'll give more as I'm able to them and GOAL, our local lobbying group, but I live in MA where we're already under several restrictions.  Writing my congress mutts to no avail is something I can do as well but, they've long since ignored my writings no matter how eloquent and civil I am in those letters.

I'm one guy......

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »
My friends, I believe we are in the End Game, and we very well may lose. Here is what I think happened — after the reelection, the Obama administration notified the antigun forces and their shills in the media that there would indeed be a major antigun initiative within the next year and told them to start marshaling their forces. The Newtown tragedy was a godsend for the blood dancers, because it came as they were already spinning up...that explains the zero lag time and the coordinated response.

Do I agree with every point of the industry's response? No, but that doesn't matter. All that endless debate we do, gnawing away at each other, is OVER! It's always been self-destructive crap, and now more than ever. The battle lines are drawn, and they are the lines we will fight on.

Marshal is right...there is no way to sway the mainstream, which, if the most recent polls are to be believed, have not been hugely swayed in the other direction by Newtown, either...we are still an almost evenly divided country.

What we have to do is rally our side, the committed, persistent minority (one of the areas where Saul Alinsky and Samual Adams agree) and that includes everyone who sat on the sidelines during the election saying don't worry, Obama would never move against guns. We have to be 100% now; we have to be behind the NRA and NSSF and GOA and SAF. We have do our parts. Later, if we survive this, we can have another endless debate on whose penis is larger.

Those who come after will judge us by our actions over the next few months. They will either be free Americans, proud of the part their mothers and father played in preserving the Constitution and the life we love, or they will be subjects and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Michael B

When the Heller case was first taken up the NRA said "No, we stand to lose to much if it goes against us".
It didn't because enough of the shooting community saw it as an all or nothing proposition that they could not avoid actively supporting it without actively fighting it .
End game ? Good, bring it on .
They have the media, what do we have ?
First, there is the subject of import limitations .
In a 10 second sound bite aimed at the domestic population it's easy enough to say no more imports.
But there's a catch, it's not a domestic issue, it's a foreign trade issue, and one of, if not the largest importers of arms, and ammunition is Russia who are already peeved at the US about other issues.
Banning, or limiting importation has consequences beyond the "gun control" debate.
Bans, restrictions, and regulations were one thing in the 1990's when very few people owned a military style rifle more modern than an M1 carbine or Garand, guns and gun ownership were considered a "rural" thing in a society that had been becoming more urbanized for 50 years or more.
 Shooting sports ? If you ran across an American Rifleman at the barbershop you knew they existed, but besides skeet and trap most people couldn't name one.
The times they are a'changing .
A $2 BILLION industry.
The poster child for gun banners, the AR 15 has been the #1 selling rifle in the country for years with new sales records being set every month
US Olympians setting world records in shooting events.
With Reality shows like "Top Shots", and real shows like "Shooting Gallery" the public has far more familiarity with the sporting aspects of guns, the family activity angle of things like "Rim Fire Challenge", the history lessons that are the basis of CAS and Appleseed .
In the 90's when a bad event occurred the population cried for more police.
In 2012 they have bought just about every available semi automatic rifle in the country.
this is not the time to "Stay the course" or "hold the line".
We have indeed reached the "tipping point" the VPC talks about.
It's time to start rolling back the infringements .
There are always those who will work for greed or self interest, US gun and ammo makers who will think "Yeah, ban that Russian crap, then they all have to buy from me"
There are always the Fudd's if it isn't a Perrazi or a H&H it's crap and no one needs it.
If I recall, Perrazi is an Import, Aya is an import, Kreighoff is an Import.
Guess they better help save the SKS's huh ?  ;D
Now is the time to go all out !
We may not have been able to get enough people to agree to get a President elected, but there are so many millions of people who have hundreds of dollars invested in targeted guns that it's not much risk to work for a roll back of past infringement.
They insist on a debate, a compromise ?
Fine, compromise means BOTH sides give something .
We will not try to cut NICS, if they remove silencers (I know, but it's easier to spell) from the NFA since hearing protection is for the children . (besides, cutting NICS would be a PR nightmare) We will back down on reopening the machine gun registry, (look at the interest in Semi Auto military looking guns, just think of the buying spree for affordable FULL auto ! )But they have to pass national CCW.
End Game ?
Damn straight and this time what WE surrender is what we will not make THEM fight to keep.
This time the "compromise is "if they give in on this, we won't take that, or at least not ALL of that".
For now. 

Sponsor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk