Author Topic: no new show this week  (Read 6940 times)

tombogan03884

Re: no new show this week
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »
A reaction a week ago would have been against only a story about a nut case shooting up a school.
Now you have to counter things like this

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gun-deaths-set-outstrip-car-fatalities-first-time-152632492.html

Gun deaths set to outstrip car fatalities for first time in 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV?id={9A1A3EF7-0F28-4B87-81E3-94BBDAC7910F}&title=Al-Sharpton-No-Toy-Gun-and-Video-Games-For-Kids-Blames-American-Bloodthirsty-Culture-For-CT-Shooting&utm_source=e_breitbart_com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+19%2C+2012&utm_campaign=20121219_m114749660_Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+19%2C+2012&utm_term=More

As for getting all the facts, that's a poor cop out.
How many facts beyond the incident it's self do you need to issue a statement decrying mental illness ?

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 12:34:42 PM »
Actually, I wish MB would hold off long enough to hear what the NRA has to say and react to that in his Podcast also.

Just sayin'

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
What good would it do ?
It will come 2 or 3 days after Obama's speech today where he already harped on gun control and mentioned mental health in passing.
All the funerals will be over, the propaganda organs will have shifted to something else and by the time MB or the NRA comment no one will give a crap any more.

Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Very Active Forum Member
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
Sounds like a good plan, Marshal. Better to not have knee jerk reactions, (although we know we are right), to this threat. Get everyone together and on the same game plan.
DM
Proprietor of Plum Creek Leather Works - Old West Gunleather
http://www.freewebs.com/daltonmasterson/plumcreekleatherworks.htm
Friend of www.runniron.com
SASS #51139L
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »
A reaction a week ago would have been against only a story about a nut case shooting up a school.
Now you have to counter things like this

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gun-deaths-set-outstrip-car-fatalities-first-time-152632492.html

Gun deaths set to outstrip car fatalities for first time in 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV?id={9A1A3EF7-0F28-4B87-81E3-94BBDAC7910F}&title=Al-Sharpton-No-Toy-Gun-and-Video-Games-For-Kids-Blames-American-Bloodthirsty-Culture-For-CT-Shooting&utm_source=e_breitbart_com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+19%2C+2012&utm_campaign=20121219_m114749660_Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+19%2C+2012&utm_term=More

As for getting all the facts, that's a poor cop out.
How many facts beyond the incident it's self do you need to issue a statement decrying mental illness ?

No quite, the facts - as they always do in these circumstances, change constantly at first. Remember, the original reports said he killed his father too, only to find out a day later his dad was alive and well in NJ. The the reports he used the pistols and left the rifle in the car, and then, no, he used the rifle and left the shotgun in the car.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:56:40 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
Path, that has no bearing on the FULL statement in my post.

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:07:39 AM »
 :D Update:  Missouri Legislators have just pre-filed several bills to open up school carry for us with CCW and Teaching certificates.

Currently you have to have school district approval and it is rare but not unheard of. 
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

JimBow

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »
 "why are we leaving the field to the enemies of Liberty?" I agree with that statement but also understand there is a time to keep silent.  Our enemies are worried about our response and we will respond I'm sure.  Michaels show is like a beacon in the darkness for myself and I'm sure others. In these dark times where politicians display the most horrific tragedies to further an agenda that is far and away from any solution is sickening.  I'll be listing this Friday Michael.  Keep the faith.  Jim 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk