Author Topic: STI boycott  (Read 5701 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
Re: STI boycott
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 09:47:51 PM »
The way I understood the press release from STI (www.stiguns.com and select the press release button in the middle of the page) they did not meet the rules for private citizens because of all the crap over the years, however they did still have guns for law enforcement and felt it was proper for them to offer what they had to law enforcement.  Now they are not offering to anyone or anything in California.

By the way, when you are at the STI web site there is a contact button.  We are all saying nice things here, but I think we also need to use that button and tell them directly.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

GlockMeister

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 01:50:40 AM »
Yes, I so agree with you warhawke. I live in Illinois and trust me, it sucks being a gun owner in this state. I even had to use my FOID card to purchase a pellet gun to teach my son to shoot and use a scope. In Illinois if it shoots more then 700fps and is .18 or larger(like a .22 pellet gun) it is considered a firearm and can only be purchased with a FOID card. And that is only if you can find a place willing to do the paperwork. Most pellet guns in the K-marts and Wal-marts, if they even still sell them, only shoot up to 700fps.  ILLINOIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gov. Blowjobovich KMA!!!

I'm a member of sportsmansguide.com, who is also a sponsor or the American Rifleman show and I believe the owner of SPG is also an NRA member. I have spent quite a bit of money at SPG and have been a member going on I think 5 yrs. now. They wouldn't do the paperwork. They didn't want to deal with it is what I was told. I had to go through a gun dealer in Illinois, who's brother is a gunsmith and works for him but lives in Wisconsin to buy it, ( they would ship it to Wi.) then I believe transfer it to the shop then to me, just to get a flipping pellet gun. They sponsor a "GUN SHOW" but won't do what it takes to help a shooter. UNREAL!!!  I sent an email or message to the NRA and the American Rifleman T.V. Show about this. I got a reply from the NRA saying they'd forward it to I forget who, but I doubt it is important enough that it will get changed. They won't want to stop the money from coming in from the sponsor. But how pathetic is it to have a sponsor that sells hunting and shooting items, sponsor an NRA show about guns and similar, and then not sell something as pathetic as a pellet gun to a member of that business, who is also a member of the NRA and who is also a legal law-abiding FOID card holder. All because they didn't/don't want to deal with a lil' bit of paperwork. Shame on them.

This is just another back door way Illinois has found to keep guns from people. After all, out of sight out of mind. 
ILLINOIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for what you suggest about everyone sticking together in this fight, and manufacturers sticking together and creating boycotts, you are entirely correct, WE NEED TO.  As m58 stated, they all need to have the marbles like Barrett and do as they did. But, if a threat becomes a very serious and close reality to becoming a law, I'd like to see all these same manufacturers stop providing/making firearms to/for everyone, not just civilians.  So if we can't have guns why should they need guns. I mean if the Hildabeast gets into office and tries to omit the 2nd amendment as she's said she would like to see done, we could very well be screwed. The only ones that will suffer will be us, the law-abiding responsible gun-owners. The criminals will still have them and find ways to get or make more. We will go from a DEMOCRACY to a COMMUNIST CONTROLLED STATE. The Government on state and federal levels alike, telling us when to jump and how high. We all can't live in secure apartment buildings or have security systems or armed security personnel to protect us,for example, as the Hildabeast probably has. You think if we can't have guns she'll no longer have armed protection? No way.

Do the politicians really think and believe that if they take all guns away killings will stop? Do they think the illegal owners of guns will come forward and give theirs up? Do they think gang bangers will give theirs up? Most of the killing we here about in the media is from gangs. Those that have no conscience will just find other means to kill. After all, Cain killed Able with a "ROCK"! Well then,they better ban and take away cars,baseball bats,butter knives,kitchen forks,pencils and anything else that can be used to kill or cause harm to another.

Now with my next statement please don't get me wrong. But here goes. Let's face it. There are some very bad cops out there. But there are also some very dedicated loyal and trusting cops also. I know a few personally. Many officers don't mind a civilian owning firearms while others think they and the military should be the only ones that need to or should be allowed to. But then you have the one in Wisconsin that shoots 6 people, then you have the Chicago cops that beat a female bartender or the ones that beat the patron, 2 separate instances as examples. I say this to ask what you think it would be like if we are all no longer allowed to have the right to bear arms, to protect ourselves? Now again, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying any of the stuff abouts cops to start anything. I have only pointed out documented instances that shows we can only truly count on ourselves to protect us and our families. Where I live, they do not have enough police to police. If the taxing body isn't there they can't afford to have a bigger dept.. So then we must rely on ourselves.

Our media is of no help either. You very rarely ever hear about all the incidents where a gun has saved someone. If you've ever subscribed to or read the American Rifleman magazine and read the many Armed Citizen stories, you know they are out there. But the media never reports on them.

I love this country. Is it perfect, no. Are there far worse places to live, hell yes. Will things get worse, hell yes. Do I want to be left unarmed when it gets worse, HELL NO. Our politicians and Government, on both the State and Federal levels, are trying to leave us unarmed the next time our enemy/ies attack. And they will if they get there way, IF WE LET THEM! In the early parts of WWII  LE and military personel alike were training civilians, young and old to use handguns and tommyguns for fear the Japs would try and attack the U.S. through Alaska and parts of I believe Washington state. Haven't seen it in a while to state the areas for sure but it was a show on the military channel called "Target America".
Back then they wanted and needed our help, now they want to disarm us so our enemies and America haters will be able to just waltz right in.

Maybe some need to rent and sit back and watch the Chuck Norris DVD "Invasion USA"!

My intent wasn't to bash the popo or cause any riffs. I just wanted to express an opinion. America is heading towards another civil war,  or we'll get attacked by terrorists again. Do you really want to be unarmed when the chit hits the fan, and you know it will. I sure as hell don't want to be.

Again Warhawke, I agree with what you've said. I feel the same way. They'll be taking mine from my dead cold hands. I will never start the fight, but I will not just sit back send the white flag up and cave in and say here, take what I have.
My guns, any I've owned or may own have ever nor will they ever kill anyone unless in self defense or if necessary to protect this country. Sometimes I think that has helped keep us from being attacked. Having these countries and terrorist groups knowing that many Americans are gun owners and wouldn't hesitate to protect this great country!

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy, "IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN PENCILS AND IN THIS CASE, KEYBOARDS MISSPEL WORDS"!    Fight the Good Fight.

GlockMeister
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 04:08:31 AM »
GlockMeister, I feel your pain - literally. I lived in Evanston for many, many years - was part of that liberal mindset until the nineties when my eyes got opened. Once divorced, I started slowly acquiring my "goodies", many of which the fascists in Evanston - and the state - deemed to be "illegal".

When Blago got elected in that Democrat sweep, I physically packed everything up and moved it out of state - did not want a 4AM raid to find anything. I then moved myself out of state as soon as the younger lad finished High School and came to a much more attractive state - physically, less crime, less pollution, less egregious, smarmy, nasty little liberals with Hitler complexes. And I do have a CCW for the first time in my life - shall issue state, you know.

It is nice. It may not be a possible solution for everyone, so you folks still in IL, CA, MA and elsewhere are in our thoughts and prayers until they get turned around.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 04:30:22 AM »
I just sent STI an email thanking them.  If you would like to, their address is:

sales@stiguns.com
Life Member of the NRA

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 08:31:11 AM »
I just did too. Thanks for the link.
I got the blues as my companion.