Author Topic: My Walmart is now selling 16 gauge ammo  (Read 6640 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
Re: My Walmart is now selling 16 gauge ammo
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 06:15:29 AM »
Nice story about family being blessed and affirmed by inheritance Peg.  I hope you got to shoot that 16 gauge again.

My first shotgun I shot was my .410 Topper at age 12.  The ejector broke maybe 4-5 years after I got it.  It still shot and ejected I just had to make certain I didn't lose the broken part....which a few years later fell out when someone wasn't looking.

I have been looking for a replacement for 25 years and Numrich's finally got one recently.  I just got it in the mail last week...hope to fix the old girl this weekend and take her out again.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:27 PM »
Nice story about family being blessed and affirmed by inheritance Peg.  I hope you got to shoot that 16 gauge again.

My first shotgun I shot was my .410 Topper at age 12.  The ejector broke maybe 4-5 years after I got it.  It still shot and ejected I just had to make certain I didn't lose the broken part....which a few years later fell out when someone wasn't looking.

I have been looking for a replacement for 25 years and Numrich's finally got one recently.  I just got it in the mail last week...hope to fix the old girl this weekend and take her out again.

Fantastic, hope you get it done.

I can shoot the 1100 any time....my son built his house a hundred yards away.  ;D

That Ithaca 66 I mentioned has a "repair" story (I may have posted it on here before). After my uncle died, when my aunt called us over to get the guns, my dad asked me if he could use the .410 to shoot squirrels out of our pecan grove. My dad was never a gun guy (had nothing against them and had owned some in the past) so I said sure plug away at 'em and I'll get the gun sometime in the future.
Well, first thing he did was jump on his golf cart with the shotgun and drove over to his house and when he went into the garage the tip of the barrel was hanging off the seat and caught on the center support post and bent in a perfectly sweeping 45° bend.
I was heart-broken after realizing barrels were few and far between.
We have a neighbor about a mile or so down the road that retired from the machine shop at the company we worked for and he runs a gunsmithing business. So my dad carries it down there and I figure there ain't a snowball in hell chance of salvaging that barrel. But, I was wrong. the neighbor straightened it in a special jig and you can not look at it and tell it was ever bent.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 12:24:44 AM »
Fantastic, hope you get it done.

I can shoot the 1100 any time....my son built his house a hundred yards away.  ;D

That Ithaca 66 I mentioned has a "repair" story (I may have posted it on here before). After my uncle died, when my aunt called us over to get the guns, my dad asked me if he could use the .410 to shoot squirrels out of our pecan grove. My dad was never a gun guy (had nothing against them and had owned some in the past) so I said sure plug away at 'em and I'll get the gun sometime in the future.
Well, first thing he did was jump on his golf cart with the shotgun and drove over to his house and when he went into the garage the tip of the barrel was hanging off the seat and caught on the center support post and bent in a perfectly sweeping 45° bend.
I was heart-broken after realizing barrels were few and far between.
We have a neighbor about a mile or so down the road that retired from the machine shop at the company we worked for and he runs a gunsmithing business. So my dad carries it down there and I figure there ain't a snowball in hell chance of salvaging that barrel. But, I was wrong. the neighbor straightened it in a special jig and you can not look at it and tell it was ever bent.

That's amazing. When I got a small ding in a shotgun barrel I used that as an excuse to hack several inches off it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
I would be wondering about shooting that barrel after working the metal that much.  Unfounded fear I guess.

Well, no I won't be working on my .410 this weekend.  At least not today.  We have a Christmas party to go to...dang.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »
It shoots fine.
The bend was sweeping and far enough out from the chamber that I don't think pressure issues are a concern (also the smith's opinion). He used a jig with smooth rollers that basically works in reverse of one of those rolling tubing benders.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:25:07 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk