Author Topic: Show #21 - 08/29/07 The neverending market of the 1911  (Read 29666 times)

WilsonCQB1911

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Show #21 - 08/29/07 The neverending market of the 1911
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »
I LOVED the new podcast devoted just to 1911s.  Like most, they're my favorite style of pistol.

The only thing that killed me was that you covered other calibers, but didn't cover 10mm!!!  I was thinking about getting a fullsize chambered in 10mm and was hoping that you could help narrow my list.  I think I'll get another Wilson CQB since I love my .45acp one so much.

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 08:18:55 PM »
Well, I like the 1911 too. I have enough of them.

But quite frankly, as much as I like mine, after having 1911s for about 50 years, I am more interested in other more modern pistols. How about the other .45s and the Service pistol RFP status. And, we don't see enough on the net about revolvers. Your podcast on revolvers was a favorite and I played the Shooting Gallery on 2" snubbies several times. So, even though I appreciated #21 on the current state of the 1911 market. I did tune you out alot. I would like to see more on other guns and calibers. Maybe more on the black rifles available in a format similar to #21. What is the story on the .357SIG?  If the S&W revolvers with the locks are suspect, which revolvers are better?

Your OL article alluded to other calibers for black rifles and hunting. How about more on that. And -- more on the guns that are vying to replace the old AR15 style.

I liked the .22 piece on SG this week. But there are other .22 rifles besides the Ruger. What about them? e.g. Browning's straight pull .22 or the old classic Auto. How about a few words on both affordable and aspirational .22 rifles.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
Jeez Bill...now I'm going to have to stay up late working!

You have some great ideas, and I'll see how quickly I can get them up. I got a call from Skip Patel, the CEO of Cobb Mfg, who builds the trickest ARs in the world(20/06s, for example, and multicaliber guns) asking me down to the research facility in GA...I'll take him up on it!

Michael B

PS: Thanks...
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »
Jeez Bill...now I'm going to have to stay up late working!

You have some great ideas, and I'll see how quickly I can get them up. I got a call from Skip Patel, the CEO of Cobb Mfg, who builds the trickest ARs in the world(20/06s, for example, and multicaliber guns) asking me down to the research facility in GA...I'll take him up on it!

Michael B

PS: Thanks...

Michael,
You are welcome. ;D
I always look forward to your output. So, I am pleased you are going to take some of my ideas. You stay up late working anyway! ;)

tumblebug

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »
Great idea's Bill I also love my 1911's only have two Dad's COLT MK IV/ SERIES70 he carried as DEPT.& a REMINGTON RAND no.
1750xxx 1944 vintage. A rebuilt FJA not one of the originals. But is a great shooter.Both are stock and shoot better than I do.
Iam about to pass down Dads to my son ; already  gave the daughter the HIPOWER and CCI class for her birthday.Could'nt stand
not having the FN HIPOWER so bought a Charles Daly.Not a FN but still a .HIPOWER. Give one away & and buy two is my motto.
Wonder what I'LL replace the COLT with.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:12:16 PM »

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 03:27:55 PM »
Speaking of magazines, has anyone tried the Cobramag?  Just wondering if they work and are worth getting?
Overload in Colorado
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk