Author Topic: FS: 290 Assortment of E-Clips  (Read 2597 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
FS: 290 Assortment of E-Clips
« on: February 18, 2023, 10:51:03 AM »
There I was, halfway through a 500 round batch of reloading .38spl when---  SPRONG.

The E-Clip at the top of my Dillon resizer die decided it couldn't take this it in this crazy world and committed hari-kari.

Of course I went to the Dillion web site first.  Boy do they have some major lead times right now.  I could find out everything about my die, the size of every nut, bolt, pin and washer, EXCEPT for the E-Clip.  Now I understand Dillon support is great, but a) they don't list any spare parts or kits for their dies, b) with their backlog think I could get it in a couple of weeks, c) I wanted it NOW.  (Damn Amazon instant gratification.)   

Good ol' Ace Hardware.  I just know I could run over there and pick one up for pennies, well dimes and quarters maybe.  AH but it was 6pm and all the Ace stores close at 6 around here.   You just know HD/Lowes are not going to have these though they could surprise me in there specialty bins.   I ended up at Harbor Freight.  These are some of the few hardware items they carry.  Had to buy an assortment of 300 for $7.   Went home and finished up the reloads.

SO-O-O-O after pulling out a few for future use, what do I do with the other 290?   Christmas Stocking Stuffers?  Bake into a King Cake for Mardi Gra?   How about using them as poker chips?  Big ones are $1, on down to the smallest are a penny.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk