Author Topic: Amazon Echo Silver Edition.  (Read 2757 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Amazon Echo Silver Edition.
« on: December 25, 2017, 07:11:51 PM »
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: Amazon Echo Silver Edition.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
I don't know about that.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:49:40 AM »
Funny you should post this. I got an echo for myself for Christmas. Still playing with it!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 12:01:10 PM »
Funny you should post this. I got an echo for myself for Christmas. Still playing with it!

I can't understand why anyone would want something in their house that has so much potential for invading/violating their privacy. 

Just having a computer is bad enough, but at least you can turn the dang thing off and it doesn't listen to your every word when the power is disconnected.

I'm probably going to say something similar when they want to implant a chip under my hide.  And maybe it's just foolish of me to remember the Book of Revelation mentioning the mark of the beast.  But, I'm just not interested in compromising my eternal soul

It's just not for me or my family.  There's just too much to lose.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 12:17:21 PM »
I can't understand why anyone would want something in their house that has so much potential for invading/violating their privacy. 

Just having a computer is bad enough, but at least you can turn the dang thing off and it doesn't listen to your every word when the power is disconnected.

I'm probably going to say something similar when they want to implant a chip under my hide.  And maybe it's just foolish of me to remember the Book of Revelation mentioning the mark of the beast.  But, I'm just not interested in compromising my eternal soul

It's just not for me or my family.  There's just too much to lose.

Crusader Rabbit

Just an FYI. It stays unplugged unless I am using it. It is nothing more than a toy.

Keep in mind a lot of us already give the Government all the info they want because of our use of cell phones. (or home phones for that matter)

If the Government wants more info on you they will get it regardless. (Just saying)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:26:44 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 02:34:32 PM »
The Internet Of Everything has security gaps you could sail a cruise ship through. If you have "smart" devices in your smart home it's extremely easy for hackers to hack into something other than your computer, which then gives them access to your computer and everything else. They could hack into a thermostat then use the camera on your computer to see if you're home. A couple of keystrokes to unlock your door and they're in your house. Dumb tech is the the smart way to go as far as I'm concerned.

P.S. Each manufacturer has their own security or lack of it for each item, and the majority of those things aren't very secure at all. If they were all secure and shared the same security system as each other it would be okay.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
"My wife asked me why I carried a gun while at home.  I told her it was because the government was out to get me.  She laughed, I laughed,  the Echo laughed...I shot the Echo."
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:02 PM »
"My wife asked me why I carried a gun while at home.  I told her it was because the government was out to get me.  She laughed, I laughed,  the Echo laughed...I shot the Echo."

;D
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 09:26:36 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk