Author Topic: Home Defense with Taurus Judge  (Read 30191 times)

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Home Defense with Taurus Judge
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »
Oh, I'm not recommending the Judge as it is NOW for high-steppers like the .454 Casull or the .460.

However, Taurus is really hurting the Judge's versatility by leaving it with a weak shotgun round and a middlin' .45 Colt that's far larger than their Raging Bull.

Meh... I'll just wait for a Raging Bull in .460 and "make do" with the .454 Bull.

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 01:17:31 PM »
I don't think that I would go out and buy a Judge. But I don't feel that I would be under gunned if I had too use one in a defensive situation. If one wasn't enough keep pulling the triger! If I had one I think that I would load the first two with 410, and the last 3 with 45LC.  :)
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 01:23:36 PM »
I don't think that I would go out and buy a Judge. But I don't feel that I would be under gunned if I had too use one in a defensive situation. If one wasn't enough keep pulling the triger! If I had one I think that I would load the first two with 410, and the last 3 with 45LC.  :)

I agree....

Here's how I'd load mine:
1. 410
2. 45 lc
3. 410
4. 45 lc
5. 410
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ron J

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 08:13:51 AM »
Kind of agree on the idea of getting hit in the noggin with a 250gr slug from a 45 Colt would be a tad unpleasant. 

I don't own a Judge but if I did, I doubt it would ever replace my usual "house guns" or carry gun.  All the same, it's an interesting gun and would be a really fun plinker.   

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »

May be true, but why bother with the slug if you can use .45 LC. The Judge MAY be a fun gun to shoot, but in my opinion any one who thinks of it as a defense gun is nuts.

Yes that is so but if that's all ya got hope fore the best and go for it! There was another revolver out some 20 years ago and I can't       remember the name of it( yes there goes Al again) and I had the same thoughts about it then. If I want a shotgun then I am going to buy a shotgun, if I want a revolver then I will by a revolver. On May 2 I will by a shotgun and it will not be .410
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:10:11 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
Yes that is so but if that's all ya got hope fore the best and go for it! There was another revolver out some 20 years ago and I can't       remember the name of it( yes there goes Al again) and I had the same thoughts about it then. If I want a shotgun then I am going to buy a shotgun, if I want a revolver then I will by a revolver. On May 2 I will by a shotgun and it will not be .410

The " Thunder ?

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »
Yes that is so but if that's all ya got hope fore the best and go for it! There was another revolver out some 20 years ago and I can't       remember the name of it( yes there goes Al again) and I had the same thoughts about it then. If I want a shotgun then I am going to buy a shotgun, if I want a revolver then I will by a revolver. On May 2 I will by a shotgun and it will not be .410

I think you're looking for the Thunder Five.

The gun LOOKED awesome.

Heck... 5 rounds of .45 Colt will make up for any who don't pack their underwear upon seeing that bazooka drawn from a hiding space.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »
I say Taurus needs to bring back the model 450 .45 Colt snubbie.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 05:13:42 PM »
I say Taurus needs to bring back the model 450 .45 Colt snubbie.

+1

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
The " Thunder ?

Yep thats right. Guess you don't know Al? ;D
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk