Author Topic: How to get out of Jury Duty Montana style.  (Read 6759 times)

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How to get out of Jury Duty Montana style.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »
DAMN YOU!  How dare you expect people to understand 'complex' things like right and wrong!

;)

;D

Just can't expect much at all these days, can we?  ;)
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
The two times I was called for jury duty it came out during voir dire that I was a former LEO.  Defense attorneys couldn't excuse me quickly enough.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 11:50:13 AM »
 ;D I thought the letter was pretty funny,  :o then I saw this;

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090509/D982S7N80.html
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
Received a oerspective quetionaire years ago from the county in regards to possible serving  jury duty.  Answered and returned the questionaire along with a letter stating that I would be happy to serve but requested not to serve during a specific time frame as I had a special vacation trip that had been planned for some time.  Never heard another word from them.

Many years later I was part of the pool and did need to report one day.  Ended up being dismissed.  The county had three trials scheduled that day and all three pleaded at the last moment.  When they called the roll for jury duty that day there were several that had not repoerted.  The  court clerk expressed their displeasure and made it known to the rest of use that the court would follow up on those people who did not show.  About a year later I was present in a court room waiting while some cases were processed.  They had several people there in regards to not showing up for jury duty.  One gal had not only failed to show for jury duty, but had missed a few previous court dates in regards to not reporting.  She got a little time to think about it if she is called to jury duty again.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 04:22:32 PM »
;D I thought the letter was pretty funny,  :o then I saw this;

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090509/D982S7N80.html

Wonder if the guy learned his lesson about jury duty, or is he still clueless?

He ignores his Right and duty to participate in the system, and then complains when the system is broken.

Just like you don't have a right to complain about who is in office if you didn't exercise your duty to vote ...

You can't complain about a broken court system if you are part of the problem.

I have been called for jury duty five times, selected once, three times the cases were settled prior to trial start (the first two during the selection process and the third after jury was seated), and the other two times I wrote letters asking to be excused due to business needs (once I was in school working toward the degree needed for licensing and the other I had just switched to my current position as manager of a new business) - both times they granted my leave.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:31:02 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
Received a oerspective quetionaire years ago from the county in regards to possible serving  jury duty.  Answered and returned the questionaire along with a letter stating that I would be happy to serve but requested not to serve during a specific time frame as I had a special vacation trip that had been planned for some time.  Never heard another word from them.

Many years later I was part of the pool and did need to report one day.  Ended up being dismissed.  The county had three trials scheduled that day and all three pleaded at the last moment.  When they called the roll for jury duty that day there were several that had not repoerted.  The  court clerk expressed their displeasure and made it known to the rest of use that the court would follow up on those people who did not show.  About a year later I was present in a court room waiting while some cases were processed.  They had several people there in regards to not showing up for jury duty.  One gal had not only failed to show for jury duty, but had missed a few previous court dates in regards to not reporting.  She got a little time to think about it if she is called to jury duty again.

That reminds me of the first time I was called for jury duty. There was a pool of 100 names and over a quarter of the folks didn't show. The judge happened to have a particular pet peeve about folks whom neglected their civic duties, and after roll call he promptly asked the High Sheriff to come forward. He told the clerk to hand over a list of no-shows to the sheriff, and for said sheriff to seek out as to why those people were not sitting in his courtroom. He said those that were able to be contacted were to be informed that if they could be in court before the lunch recess, they would only be fined $300. If they came in after lunch they would be fined $600, and if they didn't show by the end of the day a bench warrant would be drawn up for failure to appear.
Half of them showed within the next hour, five or six more came in after lunch, two had moved out of the county and one had passed away. I think it was about three or so that had warrants issued.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 07:18:47 PM »
That reminds me of the first time I was called for jury duty. There was a pool of 100 names and over a quarter of the folks didn't show. The judge happened to have a particular pet peeve about folks whom neglected their civic duties, and after roll call he promptly asked the High Sheriff to come forward. He told the clerk to hand over a list of no-shows to the sheriff, and for said sheriff to seek out as to why those people were not sitting in his courtroom. He said those that were able to be contacted were to be informed that if they could be in court before the lunch recess, they would only be fined $300. If they came in after lunch they would be fined $600, and if they didn't show by the end of the day a bench warrant would be drawn up for failure to appear.
Half of them showed within the next hour, five or six more came in after lunch, two had moved out of the county and one had passed away. I think it was about three or so that had warrants issued.

Live near Nottingham, do we?   ;D  :D  ;D  :D   ;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »
Live near Nottingham, do we?   ;D  :D  ;D  :D   ;)

So shoot me...I'm a tad old-fashioned......... ;D  ;D 

It's a term still used in this neck of the woods........

Now, as Yon Daffy Duck (whilst portraying Robin Hood) said, "yoiks and away..............."

;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk