Author Topic: Coming To A Vehicle Near You, Maybe Even Yours.  (Read 6076 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Coming To A Vehicle Near You, Maybe Even Yours.
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »
Not to mention that every cell phone can be tracked in the same manner.
Can't you just remove the GPS chip in the back? Its easy, its like a little sticker in the battery compartment. When I got a new phone, the guy at the phone store did it with my old one. It took two seconds and no tools. Just remove the battery, remove the chip, replace the battery and move on. Is that all there is to it, or am I missing something? Enquiring minds want to know. ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 01:25:40 AM »
Your phone has a special ID code that it uses to contact the network, that's what they track, they can even turn your phone on remotely and use it as a listening device.
Pre Paid is different, all they know is that some one bought the phone, if you pay cash there is no record to tie it to you so no one tracks them.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 06:56:19 AM »
Your phone has a special ID code that it uses to contact the network, that's what they track, they can even turn your phone on remotely and use it as a listening device.
Pre Paid is different, all they know is that some one bought the phone, if you pay cash there is no record to tie it to you so no one tracks them.

that is the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) 

over here the PrePaid phones also are tracked with it as you also need ID to get them like a normal mobile phone
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 07:03:14 AM »

I've heard that the "magnetic strip" that is inserted in bills can be used to track the flow of the individual bills.

It would take scanning them when they are handed out to an individual and then again when they are used for a purchase.

It might be hard to prove that you didn't drop the bill that was used to purchase something nasty in the Salvation Army pot at the local grocery, but with all the video cameras, it is getting easier all the time.

I've seen videos of folks pulling that strip out of bills with tweezers.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 07:59:42 AM »
that is the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) 

over here the PrePaid phones also are tracked with it as you also need ID to get them like a normal mobile phone
Phil
repeat after me: "When, in the course of human events........ ;D :-\
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:11:35 PM »

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 09:44:56 AM »
Any cell phone can be tracked to within a certain area...via the cell towers your number is using at any given moment.  Now to triangulate an exact location may take more sophisticated equipment but it is still possible.  If you have a signal (at least one bar) showing on your screen, then you are trackable.
My old phone would beep to alert me whenever my phones signal was switched to a new tower...since the actual signal from your cell is low wattage...http://www.wave-guide.org/library/cellphones.html   It is fairly easy to track your general vicinity..

More interesting reading....http://cellphoneforums.net/alt-cellular-ericsson/t228835-cell-phone-range.html
"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 11:14:48 AM »
I would stick it on my neighbors car, He needs watching.

I'd have put it on the first car I saw with New York plates.

Had I found one it may have had a odd encounter with a microwave oven...

This would be my first thought. There would have to be some way you could screw with it. Perhaps attach it to a boxcar on a slow moving freight, or else a city bus after smearing it with fresh dog $h!t.   Bill T.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »
This would be my first thought. There would have to be some way you could screw with it. Perhaps attach it to a boxcar on a slow moving freight, or else a city bus after smearing it with fresh dog $h!t.   Bill T.
Of course, if the cops were smart, they'd have left two. One that you were supposed find and remove, making you think you were safe. the other? Not so easy to find. But, it is the Feebs we're talking about. 8)
FQ13

jp1

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 10:08:54 PM »
The bottom line to all this is that if any of us use almost any type of technology we can be tracked. It’s all set up that way, cell phones, computers, email, and newer cars.

Most people don’t realize that everything sent in email is never deleted, at this point you can consider anything you send in an email to be eternal. It can always be accessed and used against you.

My next vehicle is going to be an old pickup with no electronics and a mini em pulse that goes off when started.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
The bottom line to all this is that if any of us use almost any type of technology we can be tracked. It’s all set up that way, cell phones, computers, email, and newer cars.

Most people don’t realize that everything sent in email is never deleted, at this point you can consider anything you send in an email to be eternal. It can always be accessed and used against you.

My next vehicle is going to be an old pickup with no electronics and a mini em pulse that goes off when started.

That's the lesson Al Queda has learned. The best way to beat high tech is no tech. We're spending billions on air superiority fighters. When our enemy needs an airforce, they fly Delta. We have the worlds best navy? They have a rubber boat packed with a fertilizer bomb and crewed by useful idiots. We have Echelon? They use couriers. We can track money transfers? They use a medevial banking system based on promisory notes from Abdul at the local Circle-K. And so it goes. The best SD gun out there? One made pre-68 and bought in a cash transaction from a private sale. :-\ 8)
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk