Author Topic: How Long Until This Happens Here For Veterans Day?  (Read 2496 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How Long Until This Happens Here For Veterans Day?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
I don't know any details beyond what 2 How posted, But my Dad (a decorated Korean war Marine combat veteran  ) used to mow the lawn at a local Cemetery.
He said that stuff like that was a royal PITA when he was trying to mow.
Dangerous too if they use those little wire spikes like construction flags. All it takes is for one of those to lose the flag, get bent in half, and after its good and rusty, stab dear old Ethel in the foot when she's visting her husband's grave to get your azz sued off. I can see banning them, or at least restricting the type and manner of display.
FQ13

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:27:01 PM »
Did they give any reasons for this?

Was it because of the cost of cleaning up all the flags in the weeks to come when they blow off the graves and become litter, for instance?

Or was it some kind of attempt at Political Correctness?

They take them down on friday after V. day no worries about left overs. They said it was because it was a separation deal, ya know "church and state'.  crap.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
They take them down on friday after V. day no worries about left overs. They said it was because it was a separation deal, ya know "church and state'.  crap.
Crap indeed if that's the case. Since when did state become church? I can see prohibiting crosses if there were Jewish graves or something. But flags? WTF?
FQ13

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 08:07:29 AM »
This better not ever happen here. I'll need bail, and a good lawyer if it does.

I've often wondered if the Local Sheriff would allow one to Pre Pay Bail Money?  Of course that would bring your charges into the Pre meditated category but hey, in this case it would so be worth it.
"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »
I've often wondered if the Local Sheriff would allow one to Pre Pay Bail Money?  Of course that would bring your charges into the Pre meditated category but hey, in this case it would so be worth it.
It would also scare the crap out of people.
"Sir, can I help you"?
"Yeah, I'd like to but up 10k for bail money".
"OK, what for"?
"I'm not really sure yet, probably aggravated assault, maybe manslaughter, and there will definately be weapons charges.  Is this where I pay"? ;D ;D ;D
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:02:57 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:27 PM »
It would also scare the crap out of people.
"Sir, can I help you"?
"Yeah, I'd like to but up 10k for bail money".
"OK, what for"?
"I'm not really sure yet, probably aggravated assault, maybe manslaughter, and there will definately be weapons charges.  Is this where I pay"? ;D ;D ;D
FQ13

Oh..is there an installment plan?

I used to wish for a similar plan for speeding ticket.  Maybe buy 2 prepaid each year when I renewed my vehicle tags.

Get pulled over, hand the officer a voucher and be on your way.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk