Author Topic: I'm Dying Here....Would Any Of You Paint Your SONS'S Toenails Pink?  (Read 5304 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Well, the CEO, and "creative director" of J. Crew clothing, thinks it's "great"...

Child Rearing 101: Would You Paint Your Son’s Toenails Pink?

Would you paint your son’s toenails at all?

As The Blaze blogged about yesterday, at least one mother would: Jenna Lyons, the president and creative director of J. Crew, the prim, proper, and preppy clothing brand.

In a feature on the website called “Saturday with Jenna,” Lyons is pictured with her young son Beckett–and his toes are painted neon pink. In a caption nearby, Lyons declares, “Lucky for me I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon.”

But some child rearing experts see foul play here. Dr. Keith Ablow, no stranger to us at The Blaze, reacted by noting, “This is a dramatic example of the way that our culture is being encouraged to abandon all trappings of gender identity.”

He went on:

If you have no problem with the J. Crew ad, how about one in which a little boy models a sundress? What could possibly be the problem with that?

Well, how about the fact that encouraging the choosing of gender identity, rather than suggesting our children become comfortable with the ones that they got at birth, can throw our species into real psychological turmoil—not to mention crowding operating rooms with procedures to grotesquely amputate body parts? Why not make race the next frontier? What would be so wrong with people deciding to tattoo themselves dark brown and claim African-American heritage? Why not bleach the skin of others so they can playact as Caucasians?

Erin Brown of the Media Research Center said the ad was “blatant propaganda celebrating transgendered children.”

But author Jo B. Paoletti, who wrote Pink and Blue: Telling the Girls From the Boys in America, asks “what’s the big deal?”

“Lots of kids, say seven and under, might ask their parents for something that would seem to be cross gender, and I think most parents, especially in the privacy of their own home might think, what’s the big deal?”

I remember my son at about 6 or 7 asking about "why do "girls" paint their fingers and toes"?

Because THEIR GIRLS!!!!....End of discussion.....It's a GIRL THING,.....(He never mentioned it again),....IT"S CALLED BEING A PARENT!!!!!

This is how folks like Lindsey Graham get brought up.....I'm at a loss beyond that....

Geez....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: I'm Dying Here....Would Any Of You Paint Your SONS'S Toenails Pink?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:38:10 PM »
And here I thought this post might be about yours or Haz's kid. I mean hell, if they ever post a gun pic, we'll be seeing toes. Why not do something to distinguish themselves from the old man? Pimp my toes. ;D
FQ13

McNamara

• Forum Member
  • The Republic of Texas
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
Absolutely not. They are trying to condition us to readily accept G/L/TG people as a norm in our society.  It's on just about every lame network TV show, the movies, and now ads.  I don't generally have an issue with these folks.  What they do in their personal lives is just that, personal.  As long as they do not try and push it on me, I will not have any issues with them.  I think this and the padded bra swimsuits for little girls takes it a step too far.  Some of the crap my wife had on this morning, i think it was the Today show, had all kinds of people saying it was OK, no need to overreact, and some dude has a son that likes to wear dresses.  Pics of him playing in trees, running track, etc.  Kids need to stay kids and not be brainwashed into this type of thinking.  Just my .002 cents...(due to the crummy economy) :P

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:36 PM »
Well that's one reason not to buy that clothing line (not that I'd ever heard of them). :-\
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:22:29 AM »
I wonder what this skank mother would do if her son decided he wanted to explore his gender identity by, you know, wearing a 2-gun buscadero complete with pistols. Somehow I think she would think that crossed the wrong line somewhere.

And our descendants will be stuck paying for her descendant's mental health care - and possible clean-up costs after he goes postal in some fashion.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »
MFW strikes again.

add that to the never ending list why the world is doomed with all this new age poofterism being so rampant
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:29:21 AM »
While I certainly wouldn't paint my son's toenails pink (or any other color) this sort of thing can be of some benefit to those of us who have a solid gender identity. 

An example:  In my youth I spent some time as one of the few remaining heterosexual males in the fine city of San Francisco.  Now, I didn't have an actual line of females waiting to be serviced, but there certainly was no shortage. ;D
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »
I wouldn't paint a boy's toenails but I did let my niece paint one of mine. She laughed like crazy. I laughed too.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
Lesson one in why so many boys raised by women grow up to be faggots, if not out right homosexuals.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »
Jumbo.. that is just being a good uncle/ daddy etc...
I remember about a month or so ago that my oldest son Danny was letting his 9 yr old daughter ( Ashley) paint his fingernails.. toenails.. and put make up on him.. of course no one had had nightly showers yet so it was no big deal.. Just a good daddy being tolerant of his little girls playtime.  Until Corky..the Schwann man pulled up.. LOL  Good thing they were high school buddies.. and Corky raised a daughter too) they had a good laugh about it.. Ashley still remembers it and laughs..
I remember my girlfriends' little boy liked dolls.. Her husband was freaking out about it.. but hell the little kid was a yr and a half old! He played with trucks too.. by age 2 the dolls were no longer an interest and he was all boy from there on.
You all DO realize that we have a double standard here don;'t you? I am just as bad as the next one on it too.
Its ok for little girls to hunt and fish and wear jeans and be a tomboy.. preferring boys activities instead of dolls etc... But its not at all acceptable for boys to want to do what girls do..

I think we need to encourage gender activities and routines to coincide with the gender of the child.9 times out of 10 they carry through it with no problem and grow up to be comfortable with their own sexuality.
If they are not...and later down the line they are capable of understanding what and who they are... and they choose a different path.. then that is their choosing.. but to me... to encourage female attributes to little boys is just creepy somehow.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk