Author Topic: Pharmacist Who Shot Robbers, and Shot Them (again) Gets Life.  (Read 3411 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pharmacist Who Shot Robbers, and Shot Them (again) Gets Life.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 12:47:22 PM »
Thats the thing. If "He started it and I was afraid he'd come back and kill me" was a defense, every fight would be to the death. There has to be a point where the law of the jungle stops and the law of the land takes over. To me, its when the BG is helpless on the ground.
FQ13

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
Yeah....

From sometime while I was in High School, I started thinking about this and pretty much came to the conclusion that if I get in a fight I will be fighting like it is to the death.  I didn't get in fights, maybe because I tended to to what I needed to avoid them and maybe because I was 6'2", fast and strong....don't know about how tough I was.

When we consider carrying, we all think about when we will use our weapon in self defense and we pretty much decide it is when there is no other choice, when it is a kill or be killed (or severely injured if you are lucky) situation.  

Each incident where you resort to your weapon has become fight to the death if need be.  Not saying it has to be just that it always starts that way...at least for me it would.

Trick for me is knowing I'll be thinking that way and planning on how to deal with it when the time comes.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »
I've always considered any fight as a potentially life threating situation for me, but not a fight to the death.  That means that I will use any and all means at my disposal to stop my attacker.  If that means he dies, so be it.  If he is stopped before he dies, that's fine too.  If they survive and want a rematch, then that will be a fight to the death.

I've had my life threatened before.  That did not give me the right (legal of moral) to kill them in cold blood because off something they might do.  Mostly is was tough guy talk - but I did believe one or two.

What this guy did was totally without justification.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk