Author Topic: What A Priveledge Hangin with The Marines at my local range!!  (Read 3633 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just got back from a late afternoon range session, and one at Hooter's, (too hot for fishing or golf today), with a bunch of Marines from Camp LeJeune which is about an hour north of my town of Wilmington, Shooters Choice is my local indoor range.

Showed up, got my lane, and set up, after a while,  I ran my Usama Bin Laden target out to 15 feet and these guys started really getting a kick out of my choice of target. Printed from targetz.com, (free cause I need all the free stuff I can get). Started double tap shots on UBL when:

A young Marine Lt. Rick Webber, introduced himself and said he liked my choice of target.  That of course started a chain reaction of group shooting and jokes and all around good time. Found out THEY WERE ALL (6 of them), Marine Expeditionary Force, 2nd Marine Division soldiers on leave.

What a tight,decent, articulate bunch of Marines! (God, they looked young!)  They invited me to Hooters for beer and wings and we had a great time! I thanked every single one Rick, Mark, Rob, Scott, Darryl, and David.

What a time with those guys. 3 are going back to Iraq in July, 2 are transferring to another base, and 1 is going home after his enlistment, (baby on the way).

My string started good, than pulled left, but these guys were crackin jokes and I honestly was laughing the last 4 shots!
God Bless those Men. I had a real honor to hang out with them and just wanted to share a great day with you guys on the best forum I have ever been a member of.

Have a great weekend. With Marines like these, I wish I was 20 years younger,....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

WymoreWrangler

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: What A Priveledge Hangin with The Marines at my local range!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 10:47:33 PM »
Yep, a rare fine day you enjoyed sir...

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »
Lets see Marines+range=yep a good day for all. Who do you think taught me how to shoot long range? A Marine! ;D ;D
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 10:31:38 AM »
Lets see Marines+range=yep a good day for all. Who do you think taught me how to shoot long range? A Marine! ;D ;D

After 30 years I still remember my Drill Instructor sitting on my back to "help" adjust my sitting position at the range. The most memorable part of it was that it actualy DID help   ;D

Allan

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:30:33 AM »
How could anybody forget that??????? I was at Pendelton.

Sponsor

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
How could anybody forget that??????? I was at Pendelton.

SEMPER FI,            

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »
48 years ago in August, I started my journey at MCRDSD.  Still remember the lessons on sitting position, M1-thumb and M1-trigger finger.

Semper Fi
DesertMarine

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
Re: What A Privilege Hangin with The Marines at my local range!!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 06:58:42 PM »
I was posted a the main door this morning from 0730-0800 and was enjoying the beautiful morning when a elderly gentle man came out to enjoy it also,we began to talk and somehow the conversation turned to WWII where he had mentioned the he had been through the Chek Republic as it is called now days and also Belgium. I had mentioned about my Father and Uncles who also served in WWII but they very rarely said much about the fighting. He said young man(Hell I'm 53) Horror is never to be spoke of by honorable men and hopefully never to be repeated in history.
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »
I was posted a the main door this morning from 0730-0800 and was enjoying the beautiful morning when a elderly gentle man came out to enjoy it also,we began to talk and somehow the conversation turned to WWII where he had mentioned the he had been through the Chek Republic as it is called now days and also Belgium. I had mentioned about my Father and Uncles who also served in WWII but they very rarely said much about the fighting. He said young man(Hell I'm 53) Horror is never to be spoke of by honorable men and hopefully never to be repeated in history.

I like that, says a lot. Amen Brother.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 10:29:59 PM »
I like that, says a lot. Amen Brother.

So true about horror is never to be spoke of by honorable men and hopefully never to be repeated in history.  Three weeks I lost one of my best friends.  He served with the 1st Cav in Vietnam in the early parts of the war.  He might have been in the battle, haven't been able to verify, that was the basis for "We were Soldiers, Once".  Nominated for the Silver Star but he exchanged it for a ticket home.  He did not talk about the war until a short time ago.  He told me about his role three weeks before passing.
DesertMarine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk