Author Topic: Gray Wolf OFF the Endangered Species List... Thoughts?  (Read 6024 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gray Wolf OFF the Endangered Species List... Thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 01:40:21 AM »
I think wolves should be reintroduced to Kalifornia, maybe they could eat some of the dumb ones.
Problem is most of the dumb ones stay in the cities. Its the smart ones, libs included, that appreciate camping and the outdoors. For th Darwin awards you'll have to rely on your gangbangers like the crips and MS13 , which by the way,thanks for "reintroducing" to the rest of us. ;D ;D
FQ13 (if f you're reding 1911, sorry if I am slurring Kalifornians ;))

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »
Ok, I know, bringing this up AGAIN! But I just received an email today from one of our friends (who will stay unnamed) a rancher, who stalked and killed this wolf after he got about 1/3 of his sheep. And for all those who think that he will be reimbursed for his loss. HE WON'T This non-native predator has become an invasive species and needs to be dealt with.

I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »
 Damn ! That IS a big one.
Thoughts ? Personally I don't eat much lamb or mutton (also non native species) I'd rather see the wolves than most of the people I know.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
Damn ! That IS a big one.
Thoughts ? Personally I don't eat much lamb or mutton (also non native species) I'd rather see the wolves than most of the people I know.

I will admit sheep and cattle are not native, but they aren't capable of eating grown men either.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »
I will admit sheep and cattle are not native, but they aren't capable of eating grown men either.

That's what we need the wolves for, getting rid of evidence.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:48:15 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 03:13:20 PM »
http://www.startribune.com/local/49433357.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

Ooooooops  ???  Back on the list again  >:(

As a former farmer that still has livestock on the yard and with many friends with livestock on their yards and on pasture, I don't care whether it is listed or not!  Given the choice between a dead animal worth hundreds (and in the case of some breeding stock, thousands) lots of out of season stuff disappears.  Don't know what happens to these critters, but they just are in the pasture on day and never seen again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
I don't want to get into a pissing contest but the historical range of the Grey Wolf is nearly ALL of the continental United States with the exception of the Southeast states.  How can you consider this animal "Non-Native"?

I agree, if they are doing harm to your livelyhood, by all means take care of business but they WERE here first.

Just saying! ;)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 03:28:57 PM »
I don't want to get into a pissing contest but the historical range of the Grey Wolf is nearly ALL of the continental United States with the exception of the Southeast states.  How can you consider this animal "Non-Native"?

I agree, if they are doing harm to your livelyhood, by all means take care of business but they WERE here first.

Just saying! ;)

They weren't here a few years ago. We kinda thought we took care of this once... >:(

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 03:38:47 PM »
What mass and length to that wolf!!! Hate to run into him and his buddies unarmed.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 04:16:14 PM »
I'm a big believer in proper wildlife management. That means leave it up to the states. They know when the balance is upset and when controls need to be put in place.

It sounds like the wolves are not only ravaging livestock, but that they are also taking a serious toll on native Montana deer and elk. It also sounds like the Feds reintroduction and protection of the wolves is largely to blame.

Let the states manage their own wildlife populations. Good programs keep populations healthy. Proper hunting thins deer and elk herds when food supplies are low or when populations grow too fast. You prevent starvation and promote healthier wildlife. This requires local knowledge for proper wildlife management.

Feds out and let the states take care of their own. They know best. With all of the hunting that takes place in Montana I would have to believe that the states wildlife management bureau (or whatever it's called in Montana) is well funded and more than able to handle the task.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk