Author Topic: After All, It's Father's Day,.....  (Read 2704 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
After All, It's Father's Day,.....
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:46:02 PM »
I want to wish all the Father's out there a Happy Father's Day. We take a beating sometimes, but we all will only have one Father.

And this day is for all of us Dad's out there.

My 14 year old son is coming Tuesday, for the summer,. Growing so fast, its hard to keep up.. (God I feel old)

But I wanted to wish all the fellow Father's out there a Happy Father's Day.

"It is a wise father that knows his own child."
~~By William Shakespeare (1564-1616)~~

God Bless

Tom W.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: After All, It's Father's Day,.....
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:52:27 PM »
Back at ya twyacht!

Stopped and had supper with the daughter and her boyfriend on my way home last Monday, and got to spend time with son and his wife while in Kansas.  It was all good except for being to quick.

Was getting the boat ready for a trip to the lake this week, and the wife said she would rather go to an IPSC match with me tomorrow morning (she's never gone to one and thought it was time to see what I do for real).  However, fun interrupted ... again  :'(

But, the time with the kids and her wanting to go were worth it.  I'm sure we'll hop on the scooter(s) after I get home in the evening and she'll teat me to something fun.

Have a good one all!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Back at ya twyacht!

Stopped and had supper with the daughter and her boyfriend on my way home last Monday, and got to spend time with son and his wife while in Kansas.  It was all good except for being to quick.

Was getting the boat ready for a trip to the lake this week, and the wife said she would rather go to an IPSC match with me tomorrow morning (she's never gone to one and thought it was time to see what I do for real).  However, fun interrupted ... again  :'(

But, the time with the kids and her wanting to go were worth it.  I'm sure we'll hop on the scooter(s) after I get home in the evening and she'll teat me to something fun.

Have a good one all!
Same to you Tom and to all of the other Dads out there.

I may be an old, retired fart, but I still have my 16 Y/O daughter at home and my 22 Y/O son is coming as well. I'm happy and I feel very blessed. I'll even have my favortie brother-in-law here from Dallas.

May you all have a happy Father's Day and new and greater blessings each and every day.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

Ahhhhh, Fruedian slip?

;D
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
Ahhhhh, Fruedian slip?

;D

Maybe, but more than likely just old fat fingers and high stress situation in a high stress job  :-\
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:16:16 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 01:00:35 PM »
Happy Father's Day, all you mothers!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »
I'm not supposed to be old enough yet........
                                                             .......what?
                                                                           .............Kids......and ......... grand kids?
                                                                                                                                    ..............me?

Happy Fathers Day to all you other dads and grand-dads.

8)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
And same to all you as well.

My 3 year old granddaughter came back unexpectedly with her Mom today, so a wonderful Father's Day gift. My spoiling skills have been getting rusty!   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 02:09:04 PM »
My little girl was worried I'd be upset about her attending a 3D Archery Shoot this morning.  She called me about ten times to make sure it was alright.  I told her that it would make my day to have her attend her shoot and enjoy herself rather than spend it with her busted up old man! 

I don't know how, but the Good Lord blessed me with one fine young woman who helped me raise another!  We should all be so lucky! :)

Happy Fathers Day to one and all!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 02:14:07 PM »
My little girl was worried I'd be upset about her attending a 3D Archery Shoot this morning.  She called me about ten times to make sure it was alright.  I told her that it would make my day to have her attend her shoot and enjoy herself rather than spend it with her busted up old man! 

I don't know how, but the Good Lord blessed me with one fine young woman who helped me raise another!  We should all be so lucky! :)

Happy Fathers Day to one and all!
I don't have kids (and may you all be thankful) , but raising a girl who wants to spend her weekends shooting 3D archery says you've done something right. Congrats.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk