Author Topic: SIX Year Old Remanded to Reform School & Suspended For Cub Scout Camping Utensil  (Read 4012 times)

tombogan03884

I have a stapler inbedded in the sheet rock above my desk.

Where does that land on the PPI meter?

;D

If it stays there it's a PPI 1. If it falls on you it may hit PPI 6   ;D

Which will not stop the rest of us from laughing   ;D

Timothy

I once threw a hole-saw at my boss in the shop, missed him damn it!

Since I didn't hit him and he's now dead, does that count toward an "inanimate object"?

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
I'd say a PPI-4 sounds about right, Tim...................yep about a 4.    ;D  ;D  ;D

Sounds like you need to work on your aim.    ;)

I once threw a hole-saw at my boss in the shop, missed him damn it!

Since I didn't hit him and he's now dead, does that count toward an "inanimate object"?

Did you come close enough to scare him to death?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

Did you come close enough to scare him to death?

I think he pooped a little!   ;D

Managed to keep my job, gained a little respect and the "Crow" off the lunch truck that day was especially tender and juicy!   ;)

After that incident, we actually became pretty good friends!

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Editorial: Rethinking policies on 'zero tolerance'
Oct 13, 2009 at 06:35 PM

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/?elr=KArksc8P:Pc:UHDaaDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUQ7c4E7ME5U

The Minneapolis StarTribune, affectionately known as the Red Star around here, ran an editorial today against “zero-tolerance” policies in schools!  Will wonders never cease!

Excerpts from the editorial:

It's a sure bet that many of the 3,400 boys who descended on the Stearns Scout Camp near Annandale last weekend brought along something like the Litt'L Vitt'L. Sold on scoutstuff.org, the Boy Scouts of America retail online store, the Litt'L Vitt'L is a stainless steel knife, fork and spoon that clip together and fit inside a vinyl case the same blue hue as a Cub Scout shirt.

But as Minnesota scouts were tramping around in the cold weather news broke that a six-year-old Cub Scout from Delaware faces a suspension and 45 days in a district reform school for bringing something like the Litt'L Vitt'L to first grade. Zachary Christie was so excited about joining Cub Scouts that he brought his new eating utensil to school, intending to show it off at lunch in the cafeteria. In doing so, Christie became the latest kid snared in foolishly inflexible school rules rooted in "zero-tolerance" weapon policies.

The policies -- mostly put in place by districts since the 1990s --were a well-intentioned but poorly thought-out response to the growing problem of school violence. In the wake of the Columbine tragedy, school boards across the nation sought to reassure parents by not allowing anything on school grounds that could be used to hurt someone, and then making no exceptions in handing out draconian punishments. While elements of this get-tough measure are needed, strict applications of it too often yield ludicrous results.

Sometimes, severe sanctions are necessary. Sometimes, confiscating the weapon and sitting down with parents is the best way to go. It's a humane approach that applies a skill schools should be teaching -- critical thinking. If we expect that from students, it's only fair to expect it from those who teach them.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Sponsor

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Editorial: Rethinking policies on 'zero tolerance'
Oct 13, 2009 at 06:35 PM

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/?elr=KArksc8P:Pc:UHDaaDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUQ7c4E7ME5U

The Minneapolis StarTribune, affectionately known as the Red Star around here, ran an editorial today against “zero-tolerance” policies in schools!  Will wonders never cease!

Excerpts from the editorial:

It's a sure bet that many of the 3,400 boys who descended on the Stearns Scout Camp near Annandale last weekend brought along something like the Litt'L Vitt'L. Sold on scoutstuff.org, the Boy Scouts of America retail online store, the Litt'L Vitt'L is a stainless steel knife, fork and spoon that clip together and fit inside a vinyl case the same blue hue as a Cub Scout shirt.

But as Minnesota scouts were tramping around in the cold weather news broke that a six-year-old Cub Scout from Delaware faces a suspension and 45 days in a district reform school for bringing something like the Litt'L Vitt'L to first grade. Zachary Christie was so excited about joining Cub Scouts that he brought his new eating utensil to school, intending to show it off at lunch in the cafeteria. In doing so, Christie became the latest kid snared in foolishly inflexible school rules rooted in "zero-tolerance" weapon policies.

The policies -- mostly put in place by districts since the 1990s --were a well-intentioned but poorly thought-out response to the growing problem of school violence. In the wake of the Columbine tragedy, school boards across the nation sought to reassure parents by not allowing anything on school grounds that could be used to hurt someone, and then making no exceptions in handing out draconian punishments. While elements of this get-tough measure are needed, strict applications of it too often yield ludicrous results.

Sometimes, severe sanctions are necessary. Sometimes, confiscating the weapon and sitting down with parents is the best way to go. It's a humane approach that applies a skill schools should be teaching -- critical thinking. If we expect that from students, it's only fair to expect it from those who teach them.
[/b]

I'll....be...gobsmacked!   I journey making sense!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk