Author Topic: 69 Years Ago Today. The Jeep Goes To War  (Read 2538 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: 69 Years Ago Today. The Jeep Goes To War
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 02:12:38 PM »
I got yelled at by my wife for screaching to a stop to look at a CJ2A for sale about 2 hours ago!  It's painted grey with white stars and says Navy on it.  Near no rust, but PLENTY of wear.  I'm still wondering what he wants for it...   :(

I was told.  "You'd better just admire from a distance.   >:("

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
 BM, remember that shiny things for her will get you forgiveness LONG before reason would get you permission.
If that doesn't there's always "It followed me home and doesn't have a collar".  ;D

Woody

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 11:31:32 AM »
 2001 "Heap" Grand Cherokee @ 113K  Jeep forums.com member.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 12:09:20 PM »
I got yelled at by my wife for screaching to a stop to look at a CJ2A for sale about 2 hours ago!  It's painted grey with white stars and says Navy on it.  Near no rust, but PLENTY of wear.  I'm still wondering what he wants for it...   :(

I was told.  "You'd better just admire from a distance.   >:("

Forgiveness is ALWAYS easier to obtain than permission.   ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Badgersmilk

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 05:09:42 PM »
I couldn't help going back to look it over again.  ;D 

The top on it is homemade from sheet aluminum, but a good copy of the original hard tops rarely seen on these trucks, all original other than that!  He ran it into something and bent both frame rails back pretty good just behind the front bumper (could be pounded out with some work).  NO rust on underneith!  Having spent the last 15 years in MI you might guess how that blows me away!  :o

I had to sell my '76 Cherokee when we moved down here a few months ago for lack of a place to park it.  :(  So the CJ can't happen unless I use it as a lawn ornament.  ;D

Anybody else interested and want further info. I'll be glad to help!  It's in Conway, SC., sitting in the guy's front yard with a sign on the windsheild.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:37:15 PM »

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »
A few images from what was probably the last Camp Jeep. The red Gladiator was mine.

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 11:33:49 PM »
Thanks for bringing back some frozen memories! When I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, they made us drive over the pass in those things with the top down, in very cold weather. They were so old by this time, you were lucky if you had one with a working heater. Ever see a guy driving a jeep with a sleeping bag wrapped around him? I was so thankful when we traded them for the HMMWVs with working heaters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk