Author Topic: Freedom Munitions X-DEF Ammo  (Read 717 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Freedom Munitions X-DEF Ammo
« on: December 12, 2022, 09:02:18 AM »
I bought some Freedom Munitions XDEF Defense .380 Auto 95 gr Hollow Points for my LCP.  It got good reviews so far, six 5* reviews and one 4.5*. It doesn't have any reviews yet at their sister site, LAX Ammunition.

X-DEF is an entirely new personal protection projectile, designed and rigorously tested by Freedom Munitions to ensure it meet (sic) the FBI protocol for ballistic testing. We load X-DEF in nickel plated brass cases for improved function, and use only premium low-flash powders from Vihtavuori to ensure X-DEF outperforms the competition.

They use brass cases, not nickel plated brass. I guess that's all they can get. The core of the bullet has a hollow-point shaped like a perfect 6-pointed star. It looked like a Torx wrench would fit right in there. So I tried a few bits from my Callahan 123-Piece Gunsmithing Screwdriver Set, and found out it's a Torx T15 hollow-point core setting down inside the jacket. I had to stick the bit to a magnet to stand it up for a picture. If I have to use this ammo on anyone and it works as intended, they're screwed. And if it doesn't work, I'm screwed.

I rotated the image for anyone who has trouble reading sideways. Reading upside down has always been easier for me than sideways, but this was clear to me at full size.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/brands/x-def.html

https://www.laxammo.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=X-DEF
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
Re: Freedom Munitions X-DEF Ammo
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 09:06:47 AM »
Is it still righty-tighty and lefty-loosly?   ;D ;D ;D ;D
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Re: Freedom Munitions X-DEF Ammo
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
Is it still righty-tighty and lefty-loosly?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Uh-huh. Righty-tighty, 1 turn in 16 inches. If anyone gives me any s**, I'll tighen them up.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk