Author Topic: My UPS Order Was In A Train Derailment... Now What ?  (Read 15252 times)

tombogan03884

Re: My UPS Order Was In A Train Derailment... Now What ?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 06:11:28 AM »
But Solus, he didn't bless the SHIP. ;D

Bill, glad to hear you thinking positive !  ;D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »
But Solus, he didn't bless the SHIP. ;D

Bill, glad to hear you thinking positive !  ;D

It was the pride of the Italian Ship lines, so maybe he did bless it.   :D

A Titanic sized disaster was avoided though.  It's design allowed it to stay afloat for 11 hours after the collision.

The good behavior of the crew, improvements in communications and the rapid response of other ships averted a disaster similar in scale to that of Titanic in 1912. 1,660 passengers and crew were rescued and survived, while 46 people died with the ship as a consequence of the collision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Andrea_Doria

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 06:05:40 AM »
I remember reading in one of those "strange but true" columns, maybe "Ripley's", that there was one guy who went to sleep on the Andria Doria and woke up on the Stockholm.
Apparently when the bow of the Stockholm punched through the hull it took out the floor of his cabin, dumping him on the other ships deck where he was when they drifted apart.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk