Author Topic: Dorothy I. Phinney (Maggie's Mom)  (Read 5085 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dorothy I. Phinney (Maggie's Mom)
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
Dorothy I. Phinney passed away peacefully and quickly last saturday with her daughters and sister, two grandaughters, a grandson, and one great grandaughter at her side. She was 90 and had been fighting altzheimer's for the last 5 years.

Dorothy (Mom) had a place in our home for nearly the last 30 years. She raised her 4 kids by herself, got a masters degree and retired as assistant director of the county library. She was smart, funny, and tough. She spent a LOT of time with my kids and after 30 years she must have been doing something right as a mother in law, because I loved her.

Her kids managed to keep her out of nursing homes until her death, which was swift and quiet. She was truly blessed, and blessed us all.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Dorothy I. Phinney (Maggie's Mom)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
So sorry for the loss of such a wonderful-sounding lady, Jay.
It is heartwarming to hear that she was so loved and cherished by you all.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  You and Maggie and the rest of your family will be added to my list for prayer.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:06 PM »
Our sincere condolences for Maggie, you and the entire family in this loss.  May her journey be as wonderful as the long life she shared with you all!

God Bless!

Tim and Susie...

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
Very sorry to hear this.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:26:45 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
Very Sorry jaybeth for your loss of a wonderful woman and blessing to your family.  Know that all the decisions made to keep her at home surrounded by family and friends was a cherished gift.

We should all be so fortunate when our time comes.

God Bless

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »
Thanks TW...and everyone...and +1... I hope my kids took notice.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk