Author Topic: Bathroom defense  (Read 21149 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bathroom defense
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »
There's always the toilet tank lid for a quick, blunt object. If it breaks, all the better. You now have point and edge weapons.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
There's always the toilet tank lid for a quick, blunt object. If it breaks, all the better. You now have point and edge weapons.

That's exactly what I was getting at, and I think FQ was as well .
It alo applies to "gun control"
If you are determined to inflict violence any movable object can become a viable tool to do so.
In the Bath room ?
soap in a wash cloth as a quickie black jack,or strangle them with a towel.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 12:40:17 PM »

If you have time to retrieve the lid, you have time to grab the Glock ( ;D ;D) you set on top of it.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
Especially if you are soapy, wet, and close.
The prime requirements are fight as dirty as possibly and be fast, no hesitation.

Aren't these contradictary statements?  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
Aren't these contradictary statements?  ;D

You can be physically clean while achieving extreme levels of moral filth  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:42:32 PM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »
If you have time to retrieve the lid, you have time to grab the Glock ( ;D ;D) you set on top of it.

I absolutely agree Solus! +1

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 09:02:20 AM »
So now that I'm done with school, for a while, and I'm back in the gym on a regular basis I have found that going an hour to an hour and a half with out access to a firearm is uncomfortable.  So I picked up something from the IDPA indoor nationals that was covered on some other Outdoor Channel show and began off body carry in my gym bag (the bag with the heavy bag gloves, chalk, lifting belt, straps and wraps) which has accompanied me for years to a number of gyms.  The only issue I have found is just making sure I have it close at hand, which really isn't as big an issue as not having a gun close at hand.  As a benefit my situational awareness is much higher as I know who is where and who doesn't belong.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
As for the gym, when I left Chrysler I decided to quit the gym also to save on expenses. I have enough equipment at home and a park nearby so I am able to carry or have one nearby during the workout. Not as much fun but that is where self discipline kicks in. Great call out and something to consider.

Strider

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »
I think thewholepoint is to stop them BEFORE you are nekkid in the shower. My allarm is always on even when I am home. I have a gun within 5 steps of the shower. Thanks for the image of our beloved MB in the shower with the 1911. That is never gonna go away!!
Semper Fi

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
So now that I'm done with school, for a while, and I'm back in the gym on a regular basis I have found that going an hour to an hour and a half with out access to a firearm is uncomfortable.  So I picked up something from the IDPA indoor nationals that was covered on some other Outdoor Channel show and began off body carry in my gym bag (the bag with the heavy bag gloves, chalk, lifting belt, straps and wraps) which has accompanied me for years to a number of gyms.  The only issue I have found is just making sure I have it close at hand, which really isn't as big an issue as not having a gun close at hand.  As a benefit my situational awareness is much higher as I know who is where and who doesn't belong.

Sometimes you have to carry off body or not carry at all.  When I'm at the gym (I have a garage gym so I don't usually have to worry about it, but I still do make 'guest appearances' at public gyms from time to time) or competing in a strongman contest, I usually keep it in a holster in my gym bag.  It's not always "right there" but it's a hell of a lot closer than being in your car or at home.

When I play rugby, I usually leave my firearm at home.  I obviously can't play a full contact sport with a pistol tucked in the waistband of my shorts and it's not safe to leave it in my kit bag on the sidelines.  There are too many kids running around on the sidelines and I'm not going to endanger them by leaving a gun where it's accessible and unattended.  I also like to have a few beers after the match (nature's pain reliever), so it's best to leave the firearm at home.

Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk