Author Topic: Warhawke has moved to the Dark-Side  (Read 2781 times)

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Warhawke has moved to the Dark-Side
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:03:34 AM »
Yes, I did it, I have a plastic pistol and NO it ain't a Glock. I have actually had my Springfield XD40sc for a while now and I am now considering getting a full size or even the 5" tactical model to go with it since I have a bunch of full-capacity mags for the SC. I'm not a huge fan of polymer guns still, but it is nice to have a full power handgun that weighs so little when I carry (as I have a CWP here in Montana). I still want my metal pistols but I have been seduced by the Dark-Side at least some.

"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Warhawke has moved to the Dark-Side
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 05:16:40 AM »
Welcome, Warhawke,

I too jumped in with an XD.  I like the way it felt, the ergonomics, the ambi mag release, true rifling and the simple takedown.    I started with the 4" Service model.  Then traded that in and got a pair of 5" Tacticals one in 9 and one in 40.

Enjoy the cookies.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

rat31465

• Jack of all Trades, Master of none.
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:15:03 AM »
Glock Owner here.....

"Get yourself a Glock and Lose that Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol."
Sam Gerard

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
Another recipient of the "plastic-fantastic" award!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

No Pics?  ???

It's always good to "celebrate diversity"..... ::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »
"Luke.........."

;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:40:15 PM »

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 05:41:43 PM »
Oh, next we will get you to buy an AR   ;D   I just could not pass that up pardner  :-*

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
About 6 months ago I too joined the Combat Tupperware Brigade.  As a former short-time Glock owner, I didn't like the way it fit my hand and lack of positive safety features.  I dumped it.  They might be good guns, but they are just not me.

After a few years of carrying my faithful S&W .45acp, I decided last summer to get a lighter weight .40 for easier summertime carry.  I actually did some research and testing to see what worked best for me.  It came down to a S&W M&P, or Springfield XD .40 sub compact.  I chose the Springfield.  With factory night sights, it was about $200. obamabux cheaper than the Smith.  Both are fine guns and either way, I would have been happy. 

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk