Author Topic: Is Reloading "Worth It"?  (Read 19121 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Is Reloading "Worth It"?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
I've got a bunch of 38 super you can have, once fired, but I would not recomend anything other light loads if I was you...  They were used to make major.  They might be good for a reload or two.   I was going to take them to the scrap yard next time I go.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »
Thanks for the offer, TAB, but I  have to say no....

If I took it, then I'd have to buy a new gun.....

But it did get me thinking....about a Brass Exchange...

But there would be lots of details to work out...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
38 super brass not being able to take the pressure is the main reason why they went to 40 cal+ to make major.

I've had them for awhile, started sorting thru them a few years back and about 2/3 were toast.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »
Mind you this doesn't include ANY brass, polishing supplies, box's, or a half dozen other smaller expenses I'd incure to add another caliber to my exisiting equipment.  But this hit near $300 bucks.  :(

I bought a BUNCH of Fiocchi 90 gr. JHP's at $16.something for 50 round box's instead.  ;)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
other than that's all they had ,Why would anyone use Match grade primers in a .380?
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:30:57 PM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
other than that's all they had ,Why would anyone use Match grade primers in a .380?

;D

They hardly cost any more, and I'm hooked on'em!  I did a BUNCH of comparisons when I started reloading (you name the brand) and the Federal Premium out performed everything else many times over for consistency of ignition and how well they ignited (size of flash).  They made me a believer!  All I use.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
fair enough  ;)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk