Author Topic: Mag pouch  (Read 4318 times)

Lonerider

• Forum Member
    • LoneRider Leather
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mag pouch
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »
Any of y'all get much call for mag pouches to go along with holsters?
Will it be worth it to buy mags or Blue Gun Mags to mold them with?

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Mag pouch
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »
In general a qualified yes. They need to be built to a price point though. If you can make single mag pouches at $25 or lower and doubles at $40 or lower you will sell quite a few.

Lonerider

• Forum Member
    • LoneRider Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
shouldn't be a problem 8)

Haystacker

• Forum Member
    • Hays Holsters
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »
I recommend buying the actual mag if you can afford it. The blue gun mags are ok but are made in the empty mode. Having a real mag with rounds in it makes for a better mold. I have bought a couple of used mags from my local gun store. Also, several mags can work with different firearms but it can be tricky on some of the double stack mags.
NRA Life Member
www.haysholsters.com

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 888
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
I know there is a market for them, and buyers are fussier about the mag pouch fit and function than the holster.

I have friends that are leather workers, the reason I haven't ventured into it, and we are on the FNRA committee together.  I attended my first SASS match and introduced them to the gang.  At the last gunshow they were overwhelmed with SASS members, which lead to a lot of other attention, over leather needs.  The number one thing I heard was mag pouches that meet Wild Bunch rules, and that lead to many other areas of mag pouches.

With all the commercial options, and the catalogs and net resources, I never realized how much demand there would be for local custom work.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:12:12 AM »

Lonerider

• Forum Member
    • LoneRider Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:14:21 PM »
Yep, I've been making Cowboy Leather for over 9 years. If you make a good product and pay attention to what the customer wants or needs and can suggest the right things it's a loyal base. I've just expanded into 'carry' style holsters to boost sales some. It takes alot less time to make 1 'carry' holster than a complete gunrig plus shotgunbelt!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk