Author Topic: Oregon Anti-gun Bills  (Read 6900 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Oregon Anti-gun Bills
« on: May 06, 2013, 09:42:07 PM »
From OFF:
GUN BILLS SENT TO RULES COMMITTEE

We have been reliably informed that the four anti-gun bills, along with SB 713, which would have expanded the places gun ranges could be operated, have been referred to the Senate Rules Committee.

While it would be premature to assume that this means the bills are dead, it’s quite likely.

SB 713 would have been a positive move, but the 4 anti-gun bills would have been a major setback for gun rights in Oregon.

So, this looks like, for now, your tireless efforts are paying off. Stay tuned.

-so it looks like we won this battle but I'm not resting. I have signed up , along win three other OFF volunteers to take a political leadership seminar June 1st which will cover a multitude of topics. I'll post a review. We have yet begin to fight.
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

Re: Oregon Anti-gun Bills
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Kick Butt !

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:54:08 PM »
Great job!   8)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:12 AM »
No time to rest:

"While the Senate Republicans have, so far, remained united in opposing new regulations and restrictions on your gun rights, Senator Bruce Starr is now considering legislation that would not only expand the mandate that you ask the state for permission to obtain a gun, it would increase the fees you would have to pay for that “privilege.”

Now more than ever we need to remind all senators that expanded background checks mean nothing more than expanded harassment of gun owners. The fact is, the background check system does not work now. People are routinely delayed, often for months, with no justification. The  last thing we need is to make this failed system bigger.

Senator Starr has a history of voting pro-gun
. It would appear he has become the target of the tiny, but noisy, anti-gun fringe who have virtually no members but do have the backing of  billionaire Bloomberg. Please contact Senator Starr and remind him that he has never had the support of the anti-rights zealots and is not likely to get it by pandering to this small group of extremists."

If there is one thing that invokes my dark side its those among us that are willing to sell us out to "get ahead".
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
Try to introduce PRO gun bills like in the Southern states .
Even if they don't win passage they will force the anti's to divert resources to defeat them.
And you never know, it might get through.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:40:33 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
Try to introduce PRO gun bills like in the Southern states .
Even if they don't win passage they will force the anti's to divert resources to defeat them.
And you never know, it might get through.

Best defense is a good offense.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »
Latest Oregon Firearms Federation email:
"OFF ALERT 07.09.13
ANTI-GUN BILLS DEAD FOR THIS SESSION

With your help, against amazing odds, we killed every anti-gun bill the liberty haters threw at us.

Thank you for all you’ve done."
Whoo-Hoo!

It was rough and I learned a lot about politics, just like sausage you don't want to see how laws are made or in this case were attempted to be made. >:(
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk