Author Topic: Kalashnikov USA KHAOS 12GA firearm  (Read 1161 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Kalashnikov USA KHAOS 12GA firearm
« on: July 21, 2023, 09:11:26 AM »
Kalashnikov USA is proud to introduce the KHAOS 12GA semi-automatic firearm. Another one that's not a shotgun, but it's kind of fugly, and it looks to me like something out of a video game. Detachable box mag fed, like my VRF14, but based on the Izhmash Saiga series. If you compare the 2 guns side by side, the biggest difference is in the price. $1,386.00 for this one vs. the VRF14 still on sale for $299.00. Is the AK shotgun based design worth $1,087 more than the VR60 shotgun based design? I doubt it. Other than the price, this gun is 0.35 pounds heavier, with a 0.875" shorter barrel, so not much difference there. The 5.6 ounce difference in weight is likely due to the long stroke piston and attached op rod. Fans of AK style shotguns will shell out the dough for it, and if my gun turns out to be crap and this one is better, I don't know.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/khaos-12ga-firearm/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
Re: Kalashnikov USA KHAOS 12GA firearm
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 10:15:47 AM »
IDK, The Armscorp "looks" better to me but it would depend on how they both cycle and if either are prone to breakages. Like you, I don't care about the "name". It's function that is important. I have a Standard DP-12. Cool to look at but HEAVY AS HELL. Not practical for this old man to carry around. Especially at night in the dark!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Re: Kalashnikov USA KHAOS 12GA firearm
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 07:32:37 PM »
If I start using my RIA USA 12 gauge for home defense it won't be with the 19 round mags. It's a 6.6 pound gun, and those mags are heavy when fully loaded, big and awkward,, more prone to failure, and strictly for having fun with. The other size mags seem better and the balance point of the gun seems to be right in front of the mag well, loaded with any mag or empty, and it doesn't shift rearward as the ammo is used up, like with under barrel tube magazines. The Kalashnikov USA KHAOS should be the same. The CG moves up closer to your hands as you use up your ammo, but not from your left hand to your right, or vice versa. The gas system on my gun is a lot like my Remington Sportsman 12 Auto, and that gun's super dependable. The only fly in the ointment is the questionable magazines for any of these box fed shotguns and firearms.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk