Author Topic: Benchmade OM Black Aluminum Black DLC OTF Automatic  (Read 719 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Benchmade OM Black Aluminum Black DLC OTF Automatic
« on: March 13, 2024, 02:10:00 AM »
I'm waiting on FedEx to pick up a package from GovX with my Benchmade OM OTF automatic knife. The handle is black anodized 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum, and the blade is CPM-S30V premium stainless steel (58-60HRC) with a black DLC finish. The list price is $340 for the plain blade and $360 for the black DLC, but the prices from GovX are $254.98 and $254.99 respectively. That's $85.02 off, and $105.01 off. If it wasn't $100 off I wouldn't even consider buying it, but this will be my first OTF automatic since I bought some cheap kits from The Edge Company decades ago and had to put them together myself. That was back when only one-handed people could legally own automatics in Michigan. If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. I sold some to people to people I worked with, and it looks like I only have 5 left. Someone at work told me they overheard someone else saying, "You better watch out for those guys on S&T Line. They all carry switchblades."  ;D  That was way back when I worked in the press room, 1985-1992-ish.

For the times when a small blade is all you need, the new 4850BK OM is a fidget-friendly automatic knife that can keep a low profile. This double-action OTF features a spine fire release button for quick and easy deployment making this knife the perfect option for those looking to carry an auto that doesn't draw unnecessary attention.
The blade length is only 2.475'', so I don't have to worry about any cops saying it's over 3". Some of my knives have blades that are 2.95"-3" long, and depending on how they measure the blade they could come up with a number over 3". The closed length is only 3.4'', so the handle is smaller than my hand, and the open length is 5.88''. It only weighs 1.51oz, and should be a joy to carry.

Designed with purpose and built to last, the OM sets a high bar for durability and performance matched only by our promise that it will be yours, for life.

Laser-cut from sheets of high-grade steel, every Benchmade blade is ground, beveled, and finished with uncompromising precision. We mill and machine handles in-house to the most exacting specifications, and every knife is hand-assembled and sharpened by highly trained technicians bringing to bear over thirty years of manufacturing excellence in our state-of-the-art factory in Oregon City, Oregon.

LifeSharp Services

Our LifeSharp service guarantees that Benchmade will re-sharpen your knife to a factory edge for free, for the life of the knife. Our LifeSharp services includes cleaning, oiling, adjustments, and re-sharpening.

Benchmade makes Claymore Grivory handle OTF double edge daggers, in addition to the side opening Claymore and Mini Claymore. The blade is 3.89'', but unless the laws have changed, ANY double edge knife is considered a concealed weapon in Michigan, and illegal to carry. I can buy them all day but can't leave the house with them.  :(  Double edge knives are extra dangerous. I can open carry a pistol without a permit, but can't carry a push dagger with a 1" double edge blade.  ???  I might hurt someone.  ::)

https://www.benchmade.com/products/4850bk-om

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/knives-by-maker/the-edge-company/

https://www.benchmade.com/products/3370sgy-1?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Benchmade OM Black Aluminum Black DLC OTF Automatic
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 02:46:17 AM »
Here are some of The Edge Company autos on that site, and the ones I have. If anyone is interested in buying the NATO Military or Special Forces knives and you aren't a restricted person, PM me. I can give you a little better deal than what those sold out for.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 05:06:48 AM »
UPS just texted me. They have my package and say my knife should be here Monday afternoon, but I think Saturday is almost equally possible.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 12:36:20 PM »
UPS delivered my knife this afternoon. IT'S SO TINY! That's what she said. ;D ;)  It's the smallest thing I've held in my hands in a while. :D

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 10:39:35 AM »
What does it want to be when it grows up?

A Bowie?
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:19:42 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 07:29:23 PM »

Either an Infidel with a blade length of 3.91 inches, or a Claymore OTF with a blade length of 3.89 inches. But if it grew into a Bowie knife that opens out the front with the press of a button, that would be awesome.  8)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 07:42:29 PM »
I'd rather have a Shootout but the 3.513 inch blade would get me in trouble with the Little Boys in Blue in Flint TWP. Making someone destroy an expensive knife with a blade over 3" long is more important to the Pricks in Blue than preventing real crimes. Don't ask how I know that, or I'll tell  everyone again.  ;)

https://www.benchmade.com/products/5370fe-01

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 11:18:16 AM »

Either an Infidel with a blade length of 3.91 inches, or a Claymore OTF with a blade length of 3.89 inches. But if it grew into a Bowie knife that opens out the front with the press of a button, that would be awesome.  8)

We (My wife) has an Infidel. (Don't mess with her ;) ;) ;)  ) Her brother left it to her when he passed.

Have you seen the PRICE of them now?     WOW!!!!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 10:42:35 PM »
$550 for a full size Infidel and $500 for a Mini Infidel. GovX.com has some of each model for 25% off, but that's still not cheap.

GovX isn't just for military and first responders. Government employees and educators are eligible too. If anyone who's eligible wants to join, I think I can still get you a $15 discount off your first order, and $15 for me for referring you, if you do order. I think I just need to enter your email for them to send you a registration link, but I can check and see if anyone is interested. The Military group includes both current and former members of the U.S. Military. This includes active duty, reserve, veteran, retired and ROTC personnel. The Military Family group includes spouses and dependents of current and former U.S. Military personnel. The Law Enforcement group includes current and former employees in federal, state or local law enforcement agencies and departments. The Fire group includes current and former full-time as well as volunteer firefighters in both federal and municipal jurisdictions. The Medical Services group includes current and former EMTs, paramedics, nurses, hospital physicians, PAs, technicians, therapists and staff. The Government Employee group includes government employees, including federal, state and local jurisdictions. The Education group includes teachers and administrators at both public and private K-12 schools and colleges/universities.

There are 8 MILLION MEMBERS, 44 MILLION VISITS/YEAR to the GovX site, and they do 7 MILLION VERIFICATIONS/YEAR, for 3000+ PARTNERS. A lot of websites have a place to sign in with your govX ID when you check out, and it gives you a discount, without having to provide any personal documentation to that site. I like that better than emailing my paperwork to every other company. Sometimes they lose track of it!

Every order supports non-profits, and you earn 5% back on every purchase at GovX.com. And if you ever need customer support for anything, they're based in the U.S. not bumf*kistan.

GOVX has always been more than just a place to score awesome deals on great gear. GOVX is a community of service members and American patriots who care about not only their country, but each other as well. 

To date, the amazing GOVX community has raised over $1 million for nonprofits that make a difference every day in the lives of military veterans, families, first responders, and professional heroes. The GOVX community takes care of its own.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 07:07:46 AM »
This little knife was too hard to hold onto, but I took care of it. I cut 2 pieces of grip tape 1/4" - 5/16" wide off the 2" wide roll, swabbed the back of the handle with rubbing alcohol to get any oil off, stuck 1 piece of tape on, cut the other piece in half and stuck it on. Now there's 3" of non-skid tape, and the knife doesn't want to slide out of my hand when I press the button forward. Pulling it back just over 1/2" was no problem because the knife was pulling back into the palm of my hand. But pushing the button forward that far takes more effort, and the handle only has a few shallow grooves that don't provide any traction. It works like a charm now. This is the first time I ever put grip tape on a knife. None of the others has needed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk